Robert and I have been talking about renting a convertible and making trips to places we seldom go. We went through the foothills in Sandy, and through Draper and Alpine, went up the Alpine loop and came out through Heber. Made our way to Payson and went through the Nebo loop out to Nephi and around the backside of Utah Lake.
We both had a 44 ounce cola drink!
We rarely have soda, and to have such a mammoth soda, with caffeine, woah. Then you add the convertible and no kids! It was awesome! I even remembered the sunscreen. (But I forgot to put it on my scalp!! It is still peeling!)
**ATTENTION PEOPLE!! If you ever have a day in the sun, no matter how mild or perfect the weather, PLEASE remember to put sunscreen on your scalp! There is skin there, too!***
Or, you could wear a hat.
We got home in time for the school bus and then we took the kids on turns. Elizabeth and Barrett went up Parley's canyon and out through immigration canyon.
Parker and Stephanie went up Millcreek canyon and stopped off to say hi to Andy and Melissa, but Andy wasn't home. Parker was very bummed about that!
In the morning, I was the designated car return person. So I took the kids to school in the car before I dropped it off. Elizabeth got right out and found her friends and went to play. Barrett got right out and found his friends and brought them all over to sit in the car with him. It was pretty much an "ooh and aaah"-fest.
I took the car back and walked home. When she saw me walking after having such an awesome ride, my neighbor, Mrs. Corser, was teasing me and yelled out to me: "I guess it's feast or famine, huh?" And we had a great laugh and then we talked for over an hour.
It was a lovely 24 hours!
Thank you, Roberto, for taking me on such a fun fieldtrip!
And thank you for the soda, too!
1 comment:
what fun!!
Post a Comment