Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Mall

I don't go to the mall.

There are a few reasons why I don't go to the mall.

The main reason is because I really, truly am happy with the "stuff" I already have.
The second reason is because when I go to the mall, I want everything I see. If I don't go there, I really don't want it. Honest.

The third reason is that I hate to see what the world is coming to.

I had to go to the mall yesterday to see if I could find an outfit that was "acceptable" for Stephanie to wear today for her sterling scholar pictures. I did find something that she is completely happy with! Seriously folks I am SO happy about that little fact!

When I was shopping, it was very hard to find something that was even in the ball park of being modest. Seriously. Look at these little numbers. (I really DO mean little!)



None of these dresses are even 36 inches long!

36 inches is one yard. Sheesh! I am amazed that anyone would even feel remotely comfortable wearing these or similar ones. They are shiny and foofy, but seriously! I am amazed at the permissiveness afoot in our country. None of these dresses said "Sterling Scholar" to me.

Today I returned the things that didn't work for Stephanie and I was able to have about an hour of leisure to stroll around and look at all the stuff that I suddenly feel such a strong bond with.

NEXT on the list:

THINGS I SAW THAT I NOW WOULD LIKE TO OWN!! :

These are so beautiful.



But these were my absolute favorite! (My precioussss!)
Lennox, why do you have to make such beautiful things?

And why are they out of my price range by one thousand-million percent?

($10.99 each, and that is at HALF OFF!!
FOR ONE PLATE!!)
I seriously would LOVE to have twenty of these plates! Maybe thirty.



These are the teacups that go with the sparrow plates.

I didn't even get a price on these.

It was already a lost cause.

I have to say that I really do think that these things are not of eternal worth. They will not bring me ultimate happiness. Yes, they are beautiful. Very beautiful indeed. But they will stay where they are, until someone else buys them.

I have more important matters to attend to.

2 comments:

Kim said...

remember all our walks in the mall? I miss those days! It all goes by too fast....glad you found something perfect for Steph...I would NEVER dare to buy something for Megan without her there...maybe someday?

Michelle S. said...

Oh yes. I remember those days. Can you believe how much time has passed?! I can't!

As for buying the outfit, there wasn't a choice. Time was not available for us to go together, so I crossed my fingers. I got several options and returned the ones that didn't work or were disliked. I just can't believe that she liked most of what I got! It was awesome!