Thursday, January 13, 2011

Missionaries!



We had the Elders over for dinner on Monday night. They are awesome! And just as a side note, I hope they don't get offended easily. Us Schafers are kind of a weird lot.

We had chicken enchiladas for dinner. One of the Elders does not like pork, so we went with chicken. They both liked it. I think.

Robert asked Barrett to say the dinner prayer, in which Barrett usually asks for a blessing on the missionaries. At the part where he usually would put in the part about the missionaries, there was a long pause, and a quick wrap up to the prayer.

I kind of laughed at the conclusion, which wasn't very reverent, I admit.

Robert informed the missionaries that it was the first time in about 13 months that Barrett hadn't asked for the missionaries to be blessed.

After dinner, the missionaries played hacky sack with Parker, Robert, Elizabeth and Barrett. It was quite fun and funny.



Then they shared their conversion stories with us and bore their testimonies to us.

It was a great FHE!

1 comment:

Kim said...

hey! We had the missionaries over for dinner on Sunday night and Aaron made pork enchiladas...what a cowinkydink!