
Today the kids and I are watching the classic movie "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". I love that show for SO many reasons. I truly feel the emotions of all the characters and I love, love, LOVE how strong Milly is, and how she can see the good in every situation. I love that she does not shy away from hard, hard work. I admire her very much.
But today, I have come to the realization that the Pontipee brothers raised themselves,
without nurturing from adults.
Though they mean well in social situations,
Though they mean well in social situations,
the Pontipee brothers just don't do well in social situations.
-At all.-
-At all.-
They don't know how.
People avoid them, intentionally.
Dr. Laura advises her listeners to avoid people like the Pontipees too.
And a lot of times they do things that they only they understand or try out something they think is an understated joke, or good fun, but polite society doesn't look upon it the same way. They are taken as impolite and rude. It does seem very offensive. But to them it makes sense.
I just have to say that I completely understand this.
I am thankful that Heavenly Father looks on the heart.
1 comment:
Now I'm in the mood to watch 7 brides for 7 brothers....and I love you Michelle, you are one amazing person!
Post a Comment