The science fair is OVER!!!
I can not tell you exactly how excited I am about that fact!
I know that the science fair is all about learning how the scientific method works, but wow, it is just about enough to make a family insane.
I am not even remotely joking.
This year Elizabeth chose to do her project about how much noodles expand when you cook them. She loves bow tie pasta and she thought that it would expand the most, over any other noodle shapes. But her hypothesis was wrong.
She still finished well. She is a finalist and she will be going to the U of U for the science fair there! I have to say that I was surprised. I thought that the subject matter was just too simple. But we did follow the scientific method, and Elizabeth had a great time organizing all of it! She is one opinionated person. (I have NO idea where she gets this from.)
Here are the finalists! Elizabeth is on the back row, second in from the right.
Here is Elizabeth with her project.
Do you love the glasses? She loves those dang things. It is such a crack up that she loves them so much. She is a bit in mourning right now, because they are broken. I think they can be fixed, though.
I would just like to give a special shout out thank you to Dennis Hummer and Kim Clark.
Dennis provided us with the caliper to measure the pasta and Kim taught us how to do ratios so that we could find out what percentage each piece of pasta expanded!!
Thanks you two!
No comments:
Post a Comment