Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Virginia!"

There was a time that I had heard of a friend that my sister-in-law had that couldn't say the proper names of genitalia because she was too uncomfortable and it was frankly, just upsetting to her.

I once went to a birthday party for my nephew and this friend was there. When I saw her and realized who it was, I had a strange and almost overpowering impulse to yell names of genitalia at the top of my lungs in her direction. Luckily for everone, I was able (barely) to restrain myself from doing so.

That story is sort of a family ledgend.

Last week we were at the kitchen table my two older kids started to act out what it may have been like if I had not been able to control my impulse to yell out. Then Elizabeth joined in and then Barrett. The three older kids did just fine with the dramatic presentation, but Barrett didn't quite get it.

"VIRGINIA!!" he blurted out.

I am unsure if he knew the story behind the dramatization.

He knows now.

2 comments:

Kim said...

LOL! I won't say it.

~Miss Fish said...

It was to funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!