Friday, June 10, 2011

Nice Shootin' Tex!

Today Barrett and I had the opportunity to go to Cub Scout Camp.  I am the new Cub leader in our ward and this is the first time Barrett or I have been to cub camp. I woke up this morning with anxiety, because if you know me, you know that I do NOT like to camp.  Day camp or otherwise. 

Barrett did not wake up with any reservations at all about the day.

It was wonderful to see these boys experience new things.

Barrett shot a BB gun for the first time.



Barrett loved the obstical course and went over and over many times!


Our senior scout guide was Captian Black.  We know him from soccer and school and it was fun to see him as a leader at cub camp.  He was so funny and very sweet with the kids.  Barrett thought it was peculiar that Captian Black kept calling him "Schafer".

We were at "Super Hero Training Camp". 
Barrett's super name was "Super Schafer".
My super name was "Invicible Woman".

I wish I was invicible.
Cause I'm not.
Quite frankly, I am pooped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember going to cub camp. I had a lot of fun. I even took Parker. Wow, time flies!

Michelle S. said...

Rachel, you and your hubby were the BEST cub leaders in the history of the world! I appreciated you then, and I appreciate you now!! Thank you for all your hard work in helping our son along all these years and making such a positive influence in his life.

Kim said...

Barrett is so cute! Glad he had a great time....hope you got to rest!