Today was fun!
I didn't do any laundry. Which can be attested by the huge obstical course in the downstairs hallway.
I did take Barrett to the outdoor pool. A bunch of the soccer friends were getting together to go for the afternoon, and so we went. Barrett has been asking to go for such a long time, and we really had a great time! I can't believe how much I love being outside when I can stay cool. I truely loved the sunshine on my body! If it wasn't for being able to keep cool in the pool, I would have never enjoyed the heat!
Barrett was a little bit suprised when some of his team mates called him "chicken" for not daring to jump off the diving boards. I told him that it was okay to be "chicken" sometimes, but that going off the diving board was actually really, really fun. "You are a great swimmer bud, it would be really easy for you. You just need to not worry about how deep the water is, and go! You will love it, once you try it!"
Jessica B. from his class was there with her dad, who is a local firefighter and SHE was going off the diving board, and her little brother was actually diving off the diving board. He felt comfortable talking with them in line, and they helped him to feel at ease about his decision to jump for the first time. He did it. He jumped to the side to be closer to where he could grab a hold for safety, and the lifeguard blew the whistle at him because when you go off the diving board, you are supposed to go straight off the end. After he learned that rule, he went again.
But the third time, he shocked me. He did a front flip.
What the heck???!!!! I didn't even see that coming! He had mentioned how cool it looked when others were doing front flips, but I honestly didn't think he would do that on his THIRD TIME EVER on the diving board.
Kids always amaze me!!
Then I went to a work social for Elaine's Quilt block. The announcement of who the new owner of the store is. It is my cute friend Ione! She is an employee, and now the owner! It is very exciting. She will be awesome! I am off for the summer, and hopefully I will be hired back on sometime after school starts! It is so fun to think about all the new, fresh ideas that will be taking place at that lovely, lovely store. I am loving the fact that I had a short chance to work with Marilyn. She has taught me much about compassion, and kindness, and integrity. I have loved my time with her and I look so forward to seeing her around in the quilting community!!
Also, my couscou salad was a big hit at the social! I hope I remember to take the recipie to Carol.
Friday, July 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want the recipe too.
I love that Barrett got over his fear plus some! I want your recipe. And I'm glad you are taking the summer off...and I'm sure they will LOVE to have you back.
Post a Comment