Sunday, July 24, 2011

This week

Parker just returned from high adventure scout camp. He had SUCH a great time! (That is an understatement!)

They went white water rafting, mountain biking and did a bunch of obstacle courses.

They also had a lot of food. Parker didn't even eat any of the food that he took with him. I was quite surprised.

I cannot express how much gratitude I have for his scout leaders. I am so thankful for them and for all the wonderful things that they do for the boys in scouts, and for Parker. I honestly believe that we would have moved to a different home years ago if the scout leaders weren't so wonderful.

On Friday, we babysat for a lady that I visit teach. The baby's name is Sage B. Everyone was happy to be in on the babysitting action. They all clamoured for his attention, and were quick to pull out the box of baby toys that remain here. Elizabeth took him for a walk in his stroller and he fell asleep. She was so pleased. Stephanie turned to me and said: "Now I know how my kids will be treated when I bring them here for you to watch." It was a very nice moment.

On Wednesday, I worked at the quilt store for my friend Gail. It was the first time I have worked for a while, and it was lovely. I really do love my job. A lot. I have to say that ReAL Salt Lake put out a job opening for an event photographer, and I am very tempted to apply. That is something that I would LOVE to try. Plus it would be awesome to work for professional soccer!!

While I was at work, Stephanie babysat for the Sutherland's. I am pretty sure they all had a great time! Elizabeth made paper crowns for them all, and Barrett played Hot Wheels with them. It was a great success.

Stephanie has been having a hard time with summer jobs. She needs the money, but everything she has had which she thought would be a steady job, has fallen through. College is less than a month away, and faith only gets you so far. We are praying and looking like crazy for any opportunities.

Well, I am off to get ready for church. I have been reading blogs and realizing that it has been so long since I wrote. This month has literally just flown by. One hectic day after the other.

P.S. I am super excited for the two soccer tournaments that are coming up for Barrett!! Super excited, I tell you!

No comments: