Friday, September 30, 2011
High School Football Supports Breast Cancer
I had to work today, but Parker walked over to the hospital today to hand out roses to breast cancer survivors with the football team. I am so proud of that kid. He ended up getting to hand some roses to Sheri L. Dew.
Sheri L. Dew...
If you don't know who this wonderful, wonderful lady is, you are missing out!
Here is the link for the article from our local tv news.
Here is the link for the newspaper article.
The first thing I asked Parker when I saw him after I got home today is if my friend, Desirae was there. He said yes, she was!
Me: "Did you get to talk to her?"
P: "Yes."
Me: "What did you say?"
P: "I said, 'Hi.'"
Me: "What did she say?
P: "She said 'Hi Parker."
Me: "Anything else?"
P: "Sheesh mom, you ask a lot of questions!"
Desirae is my friend who was diagnosed at the beginning of the month with breast cancer. She had her first round of chemo on Wednesday, I think. And if you don't know who SHE is, you are really missing out!!
I wore pink today. And I am thinking of you, Des!
Tonight the football team plays in their pink jerseys, for breast cancer awareness. Desirae was there. I didn't actually get to see her, but lots of friends had seen her and were talking about her being there.
GO TEAM DES!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love you friend! I think I also asked Parker to tell you hi from me. But that was probably too much information. ;) What a great day and a great event.
love that boy!:) Oh, and your dance pics turned out cute!!! I want to see more!
Post a Comment