Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dreams, thick in the air

So the summer reading program at our library has always been something spectacular.

Our library is seriously the best in the world.  Hands down.

For the first 5 hours that you pass off of your summer reading program, you get to write what your dream is on a popcicle stick and then they put it on the wall with everyone else's dream. 
I could literally feel those dreams.  They are real.
It is even making me have tears right now, just remembering the feeling that was there, on that dream wall. 

I was so glad that I had my camera. 
I think the librarians think I'm "cuckoo's nest" for crying at the dreaming wall.
I took more pictures.  of the individual ones...

 Who doesn't want to ride a dragon?  
Seriously?!
I know I'd love to!!



 Horse trainer.
I love how specific some of these dreams are.


 I love who ever it is that wants to be a mom!  
It is the best dream ever.
And who doesn't want a camero?
(I think it is funny that it is written on a yellow stick!!)
I would love to meet both of those kids!!  They have got to have some awesome character!

 *to be in 3rd grade
The purple one on the left says "to live by my best friend"


 *Be a dog groomer
*be an actress on disney cruise
*be Batgirl
*a pet owl
*train driver
*be a poppy


*be a builder
*be an awesome swordsman
*TO FLY!!  (That's one of my dreams, for real!)

 But my favorite of the whole board:
"To Be Nice."
I love that dream.
That is my dream, too.


3 comments:

Felted Button said...

That post just made my day! I love your library, too! It is one of the things I miss most about Murray--well, a distant second behind being closer to you! Thanks, friend!

Kim said...

I love that you are cuckoos nest! and I think you are already nice. Thanks for this...needed it today!

Hazel said...

That is very very sweet. What a great idea. x