For quite a long while now, I have not been tucking my kids in their beds at night.
This is due to the fact that their rooms look like war zones of uncared for things that Robert has spent a lot of his hard earned money to buy for them. AND the rooms STINK!! Real bad. So I feel like beating the kids when I go into and even near their rooms. So I don't tuck them in. Barrett and Elizabeth have been kind of on the raw end of that deal. Stephanie and Parker both got tucked in every night when they were young. Not very fair.
Yesterday I cleaned Parker and Barrett's room. It took 3 hours. And it looks great.
Last night as Barrett was stalling to go to bed, it dawned on me that I could actually tuck him in, without any feelings of tyrannical rage. So I went down, had prayers with him and tucked him in. And he stayed.
My whole point of this post is to say that the best reason to clean the kid's room(s), is that I can tuck my kids into their beds. It is comforting. To me and to them.
The second best reason is that I have cart blanche about what stays and what gets thrown out!
And I love that!! SOOOOOO MUCH!
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment