Some Soccer
Recovered the dining room chairs
Participated in General Conference
Finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
We went to the RSL reserve game. They played BYU!
Leo came to our seats and brought me a poster!
The kids and I were very excited about that!
Elizabeth brought her friend Liz, and Barrett brought his friend Abram.
Robert and Parker both had to work.
****************
We recovered the chairs in the dining room.
FINALLY!
Barrett took all the seats off! He was almost too fast for me, and I felt like I couldn't keep up with him!
Lucy and Barrett took all the staples out of and removed the old covers, that was a huge help!
Those covers were originally supposed to only be temporary.
I'm sad I didn't get to them sooner, but at least they are taken care of now!!
Robert and Parker fixed the chair that was broken.
I didn't even know we had a broken chair! The kids knew, though.
I was glad to see the quality of their work! I think it will last for a while now!
The finished product!
The only thing I lament, is that I didn't get all the fabric in the same direction when I put the new stuff on. All three of these are going the same direction, but 2 of the 6 chairs are different. So far it hasn't been too bothersome, but we'll see what happens in the future. I hope it isn't one of those things that really bug me!
Close up view.
I got the fabric from a decorator fabric store on clearance for $3.00 a yard.
It cost me $8.00 for fabric to re-cover the chairs!
(I did have to buy some new screws to put the seats back on,
so it was more like $10.00 total for this project!)
It was a great family project!
************************
We have four soccer schedules right now.
Scheduling is very difficult and I feel like I can hardly breathe at times.
I do enjoy it so much, but it is a lot.
***********************
I have been reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with Barrett. For his homework, they are required to read 30 minutes each night. This week has been Spring Break in our school district, and we have spent some late nights reading Harry Potter. Robert and Parker have even gravitated into our reading times. It came down to the last chapter to be read on Sunday. Robert suggested that we read that last chapter after dinner, and then watch the movie. It was a great plan, so we did! Barrett was surprised at how different the movie was than the book. He noticed a lot of the little things.
During the reading, Barrett was convinced that the heir of slytherin was Dobby.
He was surprised to find out who it actually was.
We really enjoyed this book together!
***************************
Conference was so wonderful!
It was truly such a peaceful weekend for us!
I love Conference weekend. It is such a jolt of peace and goodness.
The main thing that kept going through my mind from the messages that were given was that things are going to be okay if we are prepared and spiritually prepared.
So, I have a lot to do!
Elizabeth really enjoyed Conference too, as she has a brand new notebook, specifically for taking notes during church meetings. So she was extremely diligent in doing so for General Conference! She did get a little lax toward the very end, but she stayed focused for the majority of it! AND took notes!

2 comments:
yay...love the update! Miss you guys so much!
yay! Love to hear about you guys...miss you!
Post a Comment