I wonder which category I fall under... I know which category I HOPE I fall under.
ps. I think the righteous DO need rest. I think that's why so many people sleep at church.
Here's a glimpse of what we've been up to since April:
Parker graduated.
Thank heavens!
Stephanie left for a mission.
We went to a lot of soccer games.
RSL Rules!!
We somehow lost a soccer boot! And it was a beloved one!
Sad. Sad. Sad.
We went to some birthday parties and when we were very lucky, got to spend some time with cousins!
The lawn got mowed. A LOT! But not as much as it should have been!
LOTS of soccer road trips!
Spent time on and off the field with soccer friends!
I took pizza to Parker at school on his birthday.
Lots of friends came right over to say hi!
The seniors played "Splash".
I'm glad it's over. I feel like I need to move to a new home now. Seriously.
Neighbor relations have been strained.
"Splash" ended on Parker's birthday.
Parker's U18 team won first place in their division! It was EPIC!!
We got to hang out with some pretty wonderful people!
We went to Lagoon. A lot!
Elizabeth is the hardest worker I know, next to her dad.
She earned SO MUCH money this summer! She is super proud of her bank account!
We took this picture because she had twenty $20 bills!
And then we went right to the bank with it!
Parker had his wisdom teeth out.
Elizabeth had a birthday and got a sewing machine.
"AND it's a BERNINA!!" she exclaimed.
I am so proud that she already knows quality sewing equipment!
Ione at Elaine's Quilt Block totally made this possible for her.
She put it right to work, and has made many, many things for neighbors and neighborhood kids.
She also started cello lessons with Brother Archibald. That guy is awesome, and she is SO excited!
This is her first complete quilt.
She designed, cut, appliqued, sewed, quilted and bound the whole thing by herself.
Stephanie got a hair cut while on her mission!
Parker got a lot of fireworks, and the neighborhood hasn't had any casualties, to date.
The 'cool' neighbors invited us over for a water slide!
Thank you, cool neighbors!
We doggie sat for a lot of our furry friends!!
We got to see some of the Nebraska Schafers and spend some quality time with them!
FINALLY!
Even though we were running non-stop while they were here!
Barrett did a lot of running.
Lucy did too!
A lot of fishing has been going on.
Mostly by Parker and his friends that just graduated with him.
In this picture, it is Robert and Parker.
Robert is super happy to have someone so interested in going fishing!
Parker has also been hiking with his friends. He loves it!
School started.
These are the only two left in school.
Robert got older.
He wanted a german chocolate cake, "since it wouldn't kill anyone".
(Stephanie isn't here to eat it, and she's allergic to pecans.)
So I made one for the first time in probably 20 years, or more.
I'll need to practice a bit more.
The frosting turned out grainy, and the cakes were baked unevenly.
It still tastes heavenly, though!
****************
Also, Parker got his mission call!
But I don't have a picture! Can you believe it?
It's true.
He's going to Moscow, Russia. It was a huge surprise!
I honestly thought he would go to South America somewhere.
His passport came today!
I'll try to take a picture soon, and post it.
Try to act surprised when you see it. Like you didn't know! It will be fun.
I promise.

No comments:
Post a Comment