So, here is a long overdue post about what has been going on with us.
I don't know how many details I will get in here, but I did take some pictures.
Parker went through the temple this month.
He is very excited about his upcoming mission to Russia.
I love that he is excited, and I am very proud of him.
Lucy had her first recital with her new teacher.
She was awesome!
She has also been doing some stuff with the drama club at school. Including toilet papering friends and acquaintances! Some of them got together with a couple of hilarious parents and got two packages of warehouse toilet paper, and got about 14 houses in the city! She has been reveling in the excitement. Even when one of the friends texted her with this message:
"Lucy, you know that we have security cameras, right?"
Ooooooh, BUSTED!!!
-----------------------------------
Barrett and I met Javier Morales at Team Gear on November 11th, the day after they won the first leg of the semi-finals against Portland at Rio Tinto. He was there with his 6 year old son, getting shoes for his son's indoor game that night. He answered all of Barrett's questions and was very kind.
One thing that we realized later was that our meeting was full of 11s, Barrett's favorite number.
Barrett is #11 on his competition team.
Javier Morales is #11 on Real Salt Lake.
The date we saw Javi was 11/11!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!
So far, it's been a pretty good thing.
Real Salt Lake advanced to the MLS finals last night after the second victory over Portland!
Barrett entered the school Reflections contest for the first time.
He really enjoyed it. Even though it was an extremely last minute entry!
He was super excited for his friend, Jeff, who was a winner in the contest!
I am so happy that he was happy for his friend, and not jealous or sad for himself. He got into the car after the event and was very genuine about how happy he was for his friend to win. I love that!
------------------------------------
And then, there was the Turkey Trot at school this week.
Barrett won first place in the fifth grade boys race.
He was also the fastest time in the whole school.
He also is giving the turkey that he won to a family in our neighborhood that could really use it.
I'm so proud of what a nice kid he is.
------------------------------------
And this month has been very busy weekends, with Barrett trying out for the state Olympic Developmental Program every Saturday. It was mostly great weather, with only one day of snow.
He made the team!
He is so excited!
He has worked very hard for this, and has been thinking about it for a long time!
And he did it!
The picture above is from the first practice together, with others that made the team.
The picture below is Barrett on the ride home from the practice. He had the stomach flu, and it was a rough practice. He had to sit out a lot, but he went, and did what he could do.
Then he came home and pretty much just crashed out and watched movies.
--------------------------------------
Robert and I both have colds. It hasn't been very fun.
I'm not a great nurse to him.
Sorry, honey.
---------------------------------
Stephanie is doing very, very well on her mission.
Her letter home today was mostly about the food on the mission.
She loves tamales, but not soggy ones.
She also is fine with any degree of heat from spicy foods. Okay...
It was a pretty great email.

1 comment:
I always love hearing about how things are going with you guys. Miss you all so much. I really wish we could come to Parkers farewell. :( Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment