Thursday, December 19, 2013

Oh, December.

This month has been interesting.

I have been sick for about three weeks.  I really thought I would be a head of the Christmas game, but alas, the sickness and fever got me!  Still not sure if it was the flu.  I still have my cough, and a little big of congestion, but feel much better.

Before I got sick, I was even under the delusion that I would be able to get Christmas Cards out this year. 
HA!
If THAT happens, it will be a true Christmas Miracle.  Truly.  The Christmas tree is technically up, and thank heavens it is pre-lit (we got a new one last year, which is paying off right now!) but it has zero ornaments or other decorations on it.  And it is debatable if there will be.  And a special thanks goes out to Robert for getting the tree up, and the lights on the house.  He even put up my snowflake ornaments, which I am counting as a Christmas present from him.  They are my favorites.  Thank you, Roberto.

I did get the lights on the smaller, downstairs tree today.   Barrett is pretty happy about that.  I also mailed Stephanie's package today.  It is supposed to arrive on Monday, so I am praying that it will get there before the mail goes to her.  Otherwise, she will not get it in time for Christmas.  I am trusting that it will be another Christmas miracle.  Everyone, please pray that it will get there!

It snowed today.  It is just so lovely.  I cannot tell you how much I love the snow.  And this snow is just perfect!  It packs like heaven, and it looks so great on everything!
 The view out of my window.  So pretty.

 I love to see the familiar, creative jumble going on in Lucy's room.  She has a quilt top that she just finished hanging over the foot of her bed, and another quilt laid out on the floor.
Megan, stay away.

 We went to Festival of the Trees.  Barrett and Jack enjoyed hanging out together.  Jack had a loose tooth, and that was a constant topic of conversation, and many people tried to yank it out, but it didn't happen.  It would have been wonderful if it would have come out while we were together.

 The only picture I got of these two, and Trenton's smile was just perfect!  What a couple of handsome, handsome young men they are!



Addy, Hallie and Lucy.  Lucy had such a great time with her cousins.  They look forward to this every year!  So far, it has been the only tradition that we have kept to this year.  So I am super glad that we went!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm really missing you guys so much. As always, I love hearing the updates on how things are going...life is so crazy busy all the time, I wish it could just slow down.