Again.
I am sure that time has just kicked it up about nine notches. It has just flown by. I remember that in February, I was mourning the loss of the fact that we still had 12 months till Christmas. I think that is one reason that I love January so much. It is just so relaxed.
I must say though, that this year I had to cut back on some of the things that I usually do, due to being sick and some new kitchen tile and gearing up for Parker to leave on his mission. It really just didn't come together until this week! It has been crazy to leave everything to the last minute, but also, and strangely, really nice.
The lights and upstairs tree have been up since right before Thanksgiving. The new tree that is upstairs, is pre-lit, so at least it has been lit. We have NO ornaments on that tree. We were lucky to get the stockings out of the boxes last night and get them hung up!! Crazy!
The front room has been decorated, but we only did that on Sunday night, after we had an impromptu dinner with the sister missionaries. It was a fun evening.
I didn't get a lot of decorating done.
I didn't do any baking, of any variety, as we had the kitchen out of commission for new tile to be installed.
I didn't get Christmas cards out.
I didn't get neighbor gifts out.
I didn't get to do pretty much any of the things I usually do.
We did get to do a couple of service projects.
We did get to get some things together for Parker's mission. We may actually get things in gear.
We also did get to go to ihop for dinner on Christmas eve.
I have hope that I will be able to get my visiting teaching done before the month is out. It will not be a breeze.
Parker's farewell is on Sunday. He has requested pulled pork sandwiches to serve after his talk in Sacrament meeting. I am freaking out just a little bit as there are only a few days to get ready for that. I'll start cooking tomorrow. I have asked my sisters and sister in laws to bring some salad and chips. I think it will be great. Parker is very excited. We filled out his visa application tonight. It is getting more real every hour now.
Barrett made a plate for Parker to take on his mission with him. It is decorated so wonderfully. And it has the sweetest and most insightful message to Parker on the back. In it, he told Parker to remember his family, and to "stay with it, even when it is hard". It was so sweet.
As I mentioned before, we went to ihop last night. I got some fabulous pictures and the service was fantastic. We had some things happen that will be fun memories for years to come!
Crayons in noses. Thanks, Parker.
Photobombs going off all over the place!
Barrett knocked the table over, and spilled syrup all over the floor. It was a great learning experience for him! And a super funny experience for us! Thank heavens that there were hardly any people in the restaurant at the same time as we were! And, thank heavens he was able to catch his french toast!
Parker loves that his grandpa always misses with the rabbit ears photobomb. so he does it to grandpa when he gets the chance. Grandpa caught on, and was trying to give Parker an elbow and it turned into a little skirmish. It was hilarious, and I was so glad that I had my camera, and that I had a great camera angle. The photo below is my favorite. They are laughing so hard together!
I think one of the funniest things about this, is that today when we were at the grandparents house and looking at the photos from last night, Grandma Schafer mentioned that she thought it was funny that Parker 'missed the target' with his rabbit ears! Parker and I laughed and laughed about that!
I wonder if she really doesn't know that we do that on purpose, in honor of Grandpa!?
Our waitress was great! She offered to take our picture as a group, and I love how it turned out, excluding the glare on the window behind us.
***********************
PJ's on Christmas Eve were finally okay with everyone.
It seems like someone always dislikes their pajamas. But not this year. It was great.
I love how the pictures turned out.
We had one pose, where we posed "like Trenton".
We love Trenton!
Parker was happy with his pajamas because he had some say in them. And because they are under armor. And because his under armor has "Russia" on the front of it.
Stephanie sent Elizabeth a cute pinata and some of her favorite mexican fare and holiday decorations. It is really cute, and even matches Lucy's room, where it will go.
******************
The pets of Christmas day 2013:
It is a great Christmas tradition to have fun with the pets. I didn't get any pictures of my mom's dogs, though. Which is just fine.
Well, Merry Christmas 2013.
I am sorry I didn't get any Christmas cards out, or neighbor gifts, or really much of anything done. I hope that you all know we are thinking of you and you are in our hearts.
Always.
No comments:
Post a Comment