Our neighborhood Christmas party was delightful this year. The Young Women had an Ugly Christmas Sweater showdown, and Lucy created hers at the last minute. It turned out pretty fun! She got the sweater from the thrift store and the embellishments from the dollar store. Even the battery powered lights were from the dollar store! It turned out pretty cute!
Lucy was also asked to play the part of Mary in the Nativity re-enactment.
She was delighted that she got to hold a real, living baby for the part. He is so adorable, and was just so sweet. She was on cloud nine.
I don't know if you can see the little, blonde angel on the right, but she was smiling and smiling at the baby Jesus the whole time. It was just the sweetest thing.
We actually have Christmas cards this year.
It is weird, because I haven't done them for probably three years.
I still have to get the letter ready, but for the most part they are set to go. They are addressed. That is the biggest part!
Yesterday Stephanie and I went to Logan for a baptism. One of Stephanie's long time friends got baptized. Even typing this brings tears to my eyes. The Spirit was just so strong. He has been friends with this group all through high school and now in college. He has gone to many activities with his friends, and seen them all go on missions and return. He went to all of their farewells and homecomings. He finally asked to meet with the missionaries and was baptized.
He asked Stephanie to be the pianist for his baptism. It was pretty awesome.
We aren't posting pictures, but we have them!
I have to say that being in Logan took me back to my childhood. The town is very much like the town I grew up in and looks like it did when I was growing up. I had ideas about moving there!
While we were in Logan, as a bonus, we found a great place that sells awesome spudnuts! It is called Johnny O's!! And it was AMAZING!!
Logan is 2 hours away, but I am sure thinking about those spudnuts!
I have also been thinking about how intentional we have to be in our lives.
We want things, but they will not just happen or appear.
We must do.
The trick to life is knowing that we can do anything. It is just a matter of how much we desire and focus. Am I willing to go the distance?
There will be sacrifices to make in every good endeavor.
No comments:
Post a Comment