Friday, February 20, 2015

Valentine Dream Deco. and Doggie Central

Other than painting the walls and ceilings pink, the decorating for Stephanie's and Lucy's Valentine party was pretty dang awesome.  The actual party was pretty great, too!



Lucy and Stephanie spent a lot of time cutting hearts out and then sewing them together into garlands!  They are so beautiful, I can hardly stand it!
Most of them, along with the crepe paper, are still hanging, because they are just so wonderful.  They move with the little air currents that happen from the heater or the door opening and closing.

 This was toward the end of the party.  Not many people still around.
There were about 20 people that came from the YSA ward, and Lucy was also invited.  Megan also came, and was just so funny!  I think she had already gone by the time I took these pictures.  I am not sure.
 Stephanie had a vision of what she wanted to do, and it turned out really awesome!  I feel like she was inspired.  They started pretty early, because the first thing in her vision that she wanted to do was frost and decorate cupcakes for friends and neighbors that she loves.  Some of those people go to bed early, so they started early.  Everyone took cupcakes to those that they love.
It was something that was truly inspired, because we have had quite a few people tell us that it meant a whole lot to them.  
Many times.  
With thankful tears in their eyes.
Robert and I were able to go out for dinner on Valentines Day.
It was awesome, awesome food, that makes me want some of it right now!
We went to Cancun Cafe.  I had the flautas, and they were so delicious, I cannot even tell you how much I loved them!
Robert had the Grande Sampler thing.
He ate it all, like the champion that he is.
It was so nice to run some errands and be able to talk with each other.

We also had two visitors for Valentine's Day.
They are called "Willow" and "Izzy" and they are adorable.
Willow (on the left) was the little socialite at Stephanie and Lucy's party.
Izzy (on the right) was the little lap dog that Robert was happy to have a lap for.
It was fun to be able to doggie-sit for them!
Barrett had a completely happy time snuggling them on the couch.  It was his last weekend of non-activity, and the doggies really helped him be happy to be still.

I am super excited because I got a quilt off to the quilters!  
A VALENTINE QUILT!  
And I got it back on Monday!  She was very fast!
I just have to bind it.
AND USE IT! 
I get first dibs!!

That is minky on the back, folks!

I also found a place that will make acrylic templates!
It is called Salt Lake Laser Etch.  They also do quilting templates.  I asked.
We have had some heart templates for years that we use every Valentine's Day!  They are getting a little bit thrashed, so I wanted to see if I could get them in something a little more sturdy!  
I will post pictures when I get them back!
I am so excited!

It was a very nice Valentines, except I didn't send ONE valentine.
Not one.
So that is a bummer.

2 comments:

Shaunab said...

I LOVE THE QUILT!!!

Unknown said...

I know of a certain person that felt SO LOVED by those special cupcakes! I am so grateful for you guys. thanks for looking out for him.