Sunday, August 16, 2015

Almost Gung-Ho



I remember, back in January, that I was so gung-ho about writing every week on my blog.

Yeah.  That didn’t happen.

But I did write to my missionary every week.  I should post those here.(?)

I was also gung-ho about getting photos together every month for next year’s calendar.  I have done barely okay with that goal.  Each week on facebook, Memory Mixer has a little class about how to use their program.  It is awesome and I have learned a lot.  I am only up to April at this point.  I was pretty good about doing the online class every Thursday, but I have been slacking!  Here is my effort for April's calendar for 2016!


 I have noticed that I am getting pretty lazy about taking pictures, so I haven’t had too many to choose from for my calendar.  I hope I can do better at that.

*Here are some pictures that I took of each of us that were here, in our home today:

 I was at the computer, sending an email to our missionary.  Not my finest hair day (but it IS clean), and you can see that I got a lot of sun this week, but I took the picture anyway!

 Stephanie was having stomach ailments today, and here she is, writing in her journal.  She may kill me if she knows I posted this on my blog.  Not too many people know about my blog, since I changed some of the address, but still.  She may kill me.

 My niece, Megan.  We love having her around!!!  SO MUCH!!  She is very nice to me, even when I ask her the same questions over and over.  She just kindly reminds me that I have already asked that question, and I kindly ask her to answer it again for me, because my brain leaked.

 Lucy got this complete outfit at DI.  Except the necklace, but even that is second hand.  The skirt was much longer until she chopped it off this morning and gave it a quick hem.  I love how it turned out so much, and I admire her skill in turning so many things into goldmines.  It was a wonderful and dangerous thing to give her a sewing machine!!

 She wanted me to take a picture of her jumping to touch the rim of the basketball hoop.  I may never know why.  Maybe because it is some feat of strength that she wanted to show me.  I am impressed, Lucy.  I am impressed.
Plus, I also like that you can see my sunflowers in the background, growing tall!

 A long day at church and a long week at work and the soccer field, deserves a 20 minute nap on a Sunday, right?!  I think he was asleep before he closed his eyes.  It has been that kind of week!

*Almost everyone that was in our home today.  
Omar did come over to use the phone at one point, and the missionaries came over for a few minutes, too.  Maybe next time I will think about those things before I brag that I took pictures of everyone in our home on a certain day.

Things I have been up to recently:

-Editing soccer pictures that I took for my kid's soccer club's tournament.  There's a lot of them!  I took the team photos for the champions and runner-up teams in every division of the soccer tournament. Plus I took some candid pictures at games.  
I will post our team's champion picture at the bottom!
These guys rock!

-Taking Lucy to and from work every day!  LOTS more gas use than normal, but also LOTS more talking than normal!

-I went to the GOP convention on Saturday as a delegate.  Almost all day!

-Working on two wonky star quilts.  Different patterns!  I hope to post pictures!

-Getting back into the quilting scene a little bit with the employer that I used to work for.  It is exciting, and I am hoping it doesn't consume me again!

-Barrett has had three soccer tournaments in the last three weeks! He got two medals!  But it has been very time consuming and very exciting!

-Registering kids for school and getting them to do their honors english homework, which is due on the first day of school!

-I found my old Swatch Watch and got it out and dusted off!  I want to get a battery for it this week, and see if it still works!  I forgot how much I liked Swatch Watches, until Stephanie got one a couple of weeks ago!!!!!  I am excited!!

-I have been preparing my lessons for Relief Society.  I love teaching Relief Society, even though I come home and worry about what I said, and if it was sacrilegious or anything to really worry about, or just be embarrassed about or if I should just shake it off!  I am not very good at shaking it off.

-Not getting to the grocery store with a menu in hand!!
It leads to a lot of macaroni and cheese, and dang quesadillas, I am afraid.
PS, for those that like kettle corn... Winco has their kettle corn tent out in the front of their store right now!  I am going tomorrow!  (Hopefully with a menu to buy ingredients for!)  Their kettle corn is so delicious, I can hardly stand it!

-I have also been worried about my friends and their health problems.  Angela and Marianne, in particular. 
 
Just as a side note, do not copy or use the pictures posted on my blog in any way without my written consent.  Thank ya.

1 comment:

Shaunab said...

I love reading your blog and promise not to say anything to Steph about seeing her on here. :) Also, you worry too much about your lessons. You do a fabulous job.