Well, time is marching on, and it isn't stopping anytime soon. People here are growing up and doing all kinds of new things. It is wonderful and it is hard to deal with, all at the same time. I love to see them grow up, but I miss them being so little!
Lucy got her learner's permit on Friday. Holy crap. She passed on the very first try (I am NOT surprised!). The guy at the counter said that only 9% of those that take the test pass on their first try. So that is pretty awesome. I think that Stephanie passed on her first try, too! Parker took all three tries before he passed!
What I have been up to lately-
-Going to the temple a lot more. Like just over once a week. Tomorrow, Robert and I are going to go to the Payson temple for a session.
-Running Lucy and Barrett to their places. Friends houses and obligations they have to be at. Lucy is still working at the quilt store twice a week. She loves it. It does take a commitment for me to take her to and from work. I know she will be driving soon, and that will help A LOT!
-Laundry. It never ends. I did get every batch done this week!! The only thing that wasn't finished was that the socks weren't matched up and put away! (They are still in the basket in the laundry room.)
-Car problems. It is what happens when you own older cars. I am pretty sure we will need a new alternator for the van. If not, at least we will need a new battery. I really love the automatic doors, but man, they really suck the battery life. Robert also had the A/C charged in his car, and needed a new O2 regulator put into it. Stephanie had some work done on the axle of the car she is driving right now.
Yesterday, Lucy and I watched the General Women's conference session! It was SO AMAZING!! So many things that my heart has been thinking about were verbalized at this conference. Heavenly Father truly knows us. I am so sad when I hear people close to me say that they don't trust Heavenly Father. I know that things are hard, but how can you NOT trust Him? I don't understand that. I honestly know that things will work out. Even when we are confused. I just honestly know that things will work out. He loves us! He does not want us to be confused and He does not want us to be sad!
Tonight we played Clue with Megan. Robert didn't play because he hates Clue. But he did sit and talk and laugh with us while we played! Barrett won, and he was in disbelief with excitement! He couldn't believe it! I think it was Megan's first time playing.
Tonight was also a "Blood Moon" eclipse. It is the 4th one in recent days. I can't say that it means something in particular, but it was beautiful. I especially loved that we got to visit with Omar, Brissa and their dog, Troy. I also loved that we laughed a lot, as we all laid together on the front lawn to look at the night sky. The weather is perfect today, and it was such a beautiful night! I don't remember who said the family prayer at the end of the evening, but they did mention how thankful they were for the time we had together tonight.
This week, Stephanie found a dying sparrow while she was on a bike ride. She brought it home in hopes that she could rescue it. It died in her hand and it was profoundly sad for her. It was also something that was a reminder to her that Heavenly Father loves His children deeply and personally and knows us individually:
“Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
“But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
“Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows” (Matthew 10:29–31).
Heavenly Father lovingly watches over His children. It’s especially worth noting in those scriptures that His eye is on the sparrow that falls.
It was wonderful to hear Stephanie tell me that she felt Heavenly Father's love, even though this sweet little bird was gone from this world. Stephanie did wrap it beautifully and buried it in the flower bed close by her guinea pig.
Stephanie wants to start keeping bees!! I am SO EXCITED about the prospect of that! She has talked about that for a long time now. I think she is getting more serious about that!
Kyle B., the neighbor kid, completed his mission this week! It has been SO fun to see him and especially fun to see the spark in his mother's eye when she looks at him. I love that so much. He's not a kid anymore. I will miss that sometimes. But he is an awesome young man now. I am glad he is back. Safe and sound.
Two weeks in a row, I have tried to make treats for our awesome ward member that fixed our computer for us!! Last week I baked cookies, but didn't get them over right after they were baked. They were pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and I don't like how they look the next day. They look shiny and old. So I shyed away from taking them. Today I baked a cake for him. It broke in half when I tried to take it out of the pan! I broke the cake!! Oh man. I am beginning to think that I need to get a gift card of some kind for them! I hope it won't break if that is the route I try to go!
I love this life! I am so thankful for the things I have been blessed with. We must be clean, my friends. We must take the time to repent, and do better every day. We will be able to retain the name of Christ in our hearts when we are clean.

1 comment:
I very rarely look here at all my favorite blogs anymore...time is the issue here. But, how I loved reading your update and how I miss hanging out with you guys!
Post a Comment