Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A Lot of Toilet Paper and Some Candles

Here are some things that have been going on around here lately:

My kid turned 17!  I had the fantastic idea to contact her friends and have them come over to toilet paper our house to mark the occasion!  I thought it would be fabulous and hilarious and that she would adore the gesture and I would go down in history as a genius.

WRONG!!!

Not only did she not find it amusing, she was extremely mad! 
"I am the girl that is known for T.P.ing people's houses, and NOT getting T.P.'d!!"
Her pride was very hurt.  I hope it was food for thought for her.

But I had a blast with her friends, toilet papering our house.  I just laughed and laughed the entire time it was going on.  Knowing that she was down there in her bed, sleeping, and not knowing that some of the coolest people on the planet were kicking it hard, right outside her window, in her honor, just thrilled me to the core.

I have come to the recent and painful re-discovery that I am not cool.
Which is okay, because I never, ever have been cool.
But some of these young people that my kids hang out with are very remarkable humans, and I really wish I could be part of that world.  But I am not allowed.  But it is so awesome to watch from the outskirts!!

We also got cake and ice cream for her birthday and she invited some kids her age over on the night of her birthday.

.
This guy took her to Murray Centennial Ball in May.  She made her first dress for the occasion. And his tie

She also was tested for celiacs disease on the 15th of June and was confirmed positive on the day after her birthday.
So she is now gluten free.  Hopefully it will take care of her chronic stomach issues. 
But she will sorely miss her beloved waffles, donuts and pasta and is mourning the loss of them! 
And it will change some of what we have for meals, here at home.  But will be worth it, if it helps!!

Today I came across some pictures from either my sophomore or junior year of high school.  A boy I dated took them of me for his photo class.  It brought back a flood of memories and fond times of being so young and carefree. And wishing I could somehow go back to my youth with the knowledge I have now. I have thought many times lately about how much I have learned since then.  I am grateful for that learning.  But I do mourn the things that could have been.

My baby got to go to his first youth conference last week.  I got to go to the dinner and testimony meeting on Friday night.  I was so happy to see the group of friends he was with.  Both kids were able to share their testimonies during the meeting.  B's bench was making weird squeaking noises and he ended up in fits of giggling.  I'm not sure if daughter was embarrassed or impressed.

Both younger kids went to Cedar City with their soccer teams and did well.  B's team competed well, but didn't place at all.  L's team won gold medals!  So cool!
Robert coached B's team and I was the manager.  We had a fairly good time.

No comments: