Sunday, October 7, 2007

Barrett at Discovery Gateway

Barrett LOVES the construction site and spends a lot of time here. Age 4, September 2007.


Barrett put on the cow costume and all the other kids were pointing and saying "Look Mommy, a cow!" He loved it, and it egged him on even more!



After he hung up the cow costume, Barrett decided to be the farmer. He was suprised to discover that the chicken clucked when you pick it up. It was wonderful to hear him giggle and laugh!


So, the Discovery Gateway has really paid off. Barrett loves it. And, I might add, it is LOVELY to have only one child to follow around. It is much easier to keep an eye on one kid!!


Elizabeth is counting the days until she can get a chance to go with us. She has the day off of school on the 20th of this month and she has been promised that she can go on that day. She is so cute with her missing front teeth!!! I took a DARLING picture of her at Parker's soccer practice a week ago Thursday. I got it printed to an 8 x 10 because it just struck me as a wonderful shot of her personality and adorableness! It is on my white chest of drawers in the living room. I will post it here too...


We had the cousins here last night while the dads and young men went to priesthood meeting. The kids had such a fun time together. But one of the funnest things was to see that Elizabeth and Hallie both had their front top teeth missing. I can't believe that I didn't get a picture! Maybe we will have to go down this week and get a picture. Parker would love that too, as Trenton has a Wii that he would love to play! Plus, we could get Stephanie's eyebrows done. Everyone would be happy.

I love how much the kids love their cousins. I remember feeling like that. I still feel like that, and I miss not being able to see them as much and under the same circumstances. I hope that someday we will be able to meet under better conditions and have real conversations with each other, like we did when we were younger. It is amazing how shallow the conversations are when you have chosen life choices that are drastically different.

So, this weekend was general conference. I love conference and I am glad that I do. It does say in my patriarical blessing that I should arrange my time to listen to all of conference and to not be offended by what is said during the sessions. I really hope that that day never comes! I hope that I am always in tune enough to not be offended by anything that is said during that wonderful meeting.

Henry B. Eyring was sustained as the new councilor in the First Presidency, taking the spot left by James E. Faust's passing. Quentin Cook was sustained as the new apostle, taking Henry B. Eyring's absence in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.


No comments: