Okay, so my blog is becoming as neglected as my journal. I am hoping that I can change that!
I do however have a story to tell about the technology side of my life...
My computer's hard drive had a problem and it failed. I think that would be considered a crash. Lucky for us that we have a man in our ward named Merritt Bolton. He is very much a guardian angel for everyone in the ward in one way or another. I predict he will be the next bishop. Anyway, Merritt was not able to save any of the information on my computer, but he was able to install a new hard drive and get us back into the form of communication that we are used to. Thank heavens! I am glad to be back on the net again but am very sad that itunes will not let us have all the songs back that we have purchased from them. We also lost the pictures from July to November that were on the hard drive. I was working diligently to get them all onto c.d.s but missed the boat. We lost the pictures of the movie work that the kids were in right before school started. One of the pictures was of Parker with an actor from the Disney chanel. I did post them on our family website, but the resolution was not as good as they were originally. This is my first time with a crash and wow, I hate it. Some day we will have technology without these problems and everyone will probably say things like, "I just don't know how we made it back in the days of computer crashes!"
Well, just when I feel like things are moving along at a good pace, things get thrown into the spokes that make me feel like I'm going to crash. I hope that I will keep my testimony up to speed so that I don't crash. This calling as Young Women leader is very difficult. I would say that in a lot of ways, it is harder than being a mom. Things are not gradual and the mind sets of the girls are there already.
Well, our home is torn apart right now and we await a new kitchen and bathroom. It will be at least until spring before we are put right again. I have to say that even thought it was very time consuming and labor intensive, it was very nice to have a super deep clean of the things that were in the middle section of the house. I think that we are pretty blessed that we have a craft room that can double as a kitchen for this time that we are remodeling. It is huge compared to what we did have and I am grateful that it is there for us. The Lord really does provide for us when we are doing our best. Notice that I said 'doing' not 'trying'. We have to *DO*. Trying is good, but even when we make mistakes, we need to be actively 'doing' the things we know. I really believe that!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment