Three days before the school Valentine exchange, Elizabeth informs me that they are having a valentine mailbox contest. THREE DAYS BEFORE!!! Those of you who know her, know that she is very competitive! Those of you who know her, also know that she is extremely persistent!!! She got it into her head that she wanted to make a robot with this year's almost valentine box and a valentine box she used in first or second grade.
The bows are bows that I made for Elizabeth when she was so tiny! It was her idea to use them! Don't they look so cute? The zipper mouth was totally her idea!
Look out, Walter Wick!
Elizabeth is one happy girl!
I am so glad the pressure of the whole thing is over!
For now!
Next year is the science fair!!!!!!!!!!
RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!
6 comments:
oh..it's so awesome! Good job!
Science project?!?! - thanks for the head start on running for the hills.
HELLO MISS CREATIVE ONE!!!! Hmm...I think this takes after her mama for sure! Did she win???? So cute!!!!
That is the absolutely mostest awesomest valentine box I have ever seen. Can you say winner?!
You should have seen Kamryn's valentine box! It was SO cute!
I didn't let Elizabeth near the glue gun or near the spray paint (She nearly cut her finger off this summer with my rotary cutter!!!) So, I did all the hot-gluing and spray painting. All the ideas were hers, except the little forky things in the robot's head above the ears and the spray-nozzle arms! I got those at DI when she was at school that day. Almost every idea I had was rejected!!!!!
Since she has brought that robot home from school, it is in an honored place in her room! It is nothing short of a dream come true for her!
By the way: no contest actually happened. Elizabeth was a little bit confused, but not anything traumatic. THANK HEAVENS! The teacher told me herself that there would be a contest. Weird, but oh well. Ivie and Kamryn for sure would have been in the running for first place! So creative!
What a creative little girl! I hope she won.
Post a Comment