Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Warm Fuzzy Bowling

During the Prophet's talk in October General Conference, he spoke about a warm fuzzy jar that he recieved from primary children who did acts of service for others.

At our home, we decided to do the same thing. During Family Home Evening one Monday, we decided to really focus on serving others around us, in our family, our school, our neighborhood, wherever we could. We got a jar and some pom pons and set out to fill the jar completely.
Robert and I asked the kids if we should do a family activity when we reached our goal. Many ideas were given about what activity we should do, but after a vote, we decided as a family to go bowling when our goal was complete.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that it took under two weeks for the jar to be overflowing!

This jar is our new warm fuzzy jar. We had to get a bigger one.

Here we are, bowling together. We had so much fun! Fun serving others, and fun bowling together. Service is essential to our soul's health. I love what is said here about service.




2 comments:

johnson5 said...

You are officially my idol! Okay maybe that's too much and I'm just deeply thinking of you today thanks to that dang movie. You are such a good mama!

doghouse said...

High score 154. Not bad for bowling from the dog house.