Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Boys of Summer are Back in Action!!!!!

Robert started softball today and their team WON! Yay! Elizabeth said: "I don't think I have ever seen Dad's team win!" She doesn't remember when his team was ALWAYS in the top two teams in the league. For years and years they were in contention for the top spot! Also, this is the first year that they have switched fields! Traditionally they have played on the South East field, but this season, they didn't get registered in time for the Wednesday league and they have to play on Thursdays on the South West field. It was strange. It was also strange that Jean wasn't there! I missed her!!!

Robert went 4 for 4!!! That's my guy!! I yelled out to him, after he made a great run to homeplate: "Nice running, Tex!". He yelled back at me: "Not too bad for an old guy."

Barrett started rec. soccer yesterday and has a game on Saturday! Yay! He is SO excited that his friends Calvin, Jeff and Ethan are on his team with him!!! He can hardly stand it! He can't wait for his team shirt and first game! How exciting it would have been when I was that age to have such an awesome situation! I am glad that my kids have such great friends that they love!

I love this time of year! I especially love these games where it is cooler and it isn't super hot outside! Today was SUCH a beautiful day to watch a ball game! Not hot and not cold! The best, ever!

I think I may actually be excited for summer!

No comments: