Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Mom Jeans"

Okay.

I am a mom.

I really like jeans, but they don't really like me.

The people that actually MAKE jeans (or coats, or long-sleeved shirts) don't understand that there are moms like me, who are big AND tall, both at exactly the same time.

I would love to become a great seamstress and make and design all my own clothes.

But I digress.

I finally found a place that makes jeans for my "situation". But they are "mom jeans". I ordered a pair to see if it was something that could work for me....

And...

I LOVE THEM. So much. I love the elastic waist that goes higher than the bottom hem of my shirt! I love the elastic waist, period. I love that the denim almost touches the floor at my heels. When I wear these jeans, I feel extremely confident that when I sit down anywhere, no one will be exposed to anything indecent. Stacy and Clinton would be mortified. For sure.

If I liked hot weather, I would move to Florida.

But I don't.

2 comments:

Shaunab said...

congratulations. I totally get it since being big and short also has it's problems.

Kim said...

love this post! so funny! I miss you so much!