Yesterday Robert asked me what my plans were for today, or if there was anything I really had in mind doing on his day off. I told him that I would love it if we could pull everything out of the craft room and go through it all and de-junk what we could.
So we did. Almost. Robert wasn't very keen on the idea of pulling everything out of the room and going through everything. So we pulled down a bunch of our big boxes from in the storage room and went through those! The kids had SO much fun scavenging and seeing what we were digging through!
I got rid of a bunch of old love letters that were not worth saving! And I got rid of some decorations that I haven't used in YEARS! I was so happy with myself!
The funniest part of the day was when I found a sealed card with Robert and my name on the front of it. I opened it. It was from our wedding. It was from some people on my team at work. It was full of money. It wasn't a lot of money, but I will be able to go and get the high-end sauce pan that I have been salivating over! Cool wedding present, twenty years later!
I wonder if that money has missed being in circulation, or if it enjoyed it's time off!
Our local thrift store was closed today for the holiday, so my awesome mini-van is full of stuff to donate tomorrow!
I can't wait to get down to my craft room and sew something!
Monday, July 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I rummaged recently. I should have thrown away the love letters! Found $15.00 from Chinese New Year 3 years ago, I thought that was amazing, not anymore...... Ha Ha you are so awesome!!!
Post a Comment