Friday, November 4, 2011

Funerals

So right now, one of my callings is the compassionate service board.  We help the families who are having funerals by arranging and setting up a dinner for them the day of the funeral.
We have had quite a lot of funerals lately and it has been a sad thing.

Today, the kids didn't have school, and Patti at my work graciously agreed to work for me.  I was able to attend my dear neighbor and visiting teaching partner's funeral.  Beth Ovard.  She was 93.

It was a lovely funeral.  I learned a lot about her that I didn't know.  She was a Utah State Fair rodeo queen.  She was 25 when she got married, which at the time was quite old. 

My children came and helped set up the tables, and set the tables and serve the food.  They were so excited to help and they really had a fun time.  Sam Skaggs, a retired policeman (and all around cool guy) in the ward, bought them Gatoraids for helping so well, and they were really excited about that.

One thing is for sure, the extra hands that they brought and helped with, made the work go much, much faster!  It was wonderful having them there to help!

I will truely miss you, Beth.  Hugs to you, until I see you again!  You looked beautiful today, you always do!

No comments: