Monday, November 28, 2011

Now I know...

When I was about 16 years old, I had a friend who was the youngest of 8 kids. 

When I was at this friend's house after Thanksgiving one year, his mom announced that she had been thinking about not putting any Christmas decorations up.

I was mortified.  How can anyone not want to decorate for Christmas??
But now, I think she quite possibly could have had it right all along.
I only have four kids, and I am exhausted.  All the riggamaroo of taking down the normal stuff and finding temporary places for it might just deplete any sanity that I have left this year.

The family thinks they are helping me.  But really, they have just dragged out the boxes and left everything everywhere.  "We can finish it later."  They honestly have no idea how discouraging that is to me.  Although, I do appreciate the fact that they at least try.  But right now, those boxes are everywhere.

Oh.  You can bet it will be finished "later".  If it gets finished at all, it will be "later".

I am thinking of you, Norma.  I am thinking of you.

2 comments:

Des said...

I am so with you. Although once I get it finished I really love looking at everything. But every year, as we are dragging the boxes out, I stop and think, "Why am I doing this?"

Michelle S. said...

Yeah, the finished part is great, I totally agree.

And my family really does get excited about the decorating part.

I had to make a few changes to this post. I woke up today worried that it was too negative.