Friday, August 24, 2012

This month for us

1st place in the Tournament

So excited after a hard fought victory!

So happy!

The high-five line after games is always fun, but after a victory, it's the best!!

Gets to play goalie in the championship game!!  He doesn't usually get to play goalie anymore, so this was a great time for him.

Fighting hard to advance the ball.

A great cross!

I love how this picture turned out!

Lots of time in the swimming pool, and with Calvin! 

Finally, a birthday party!  She is quick to remind that it was 2 months late...  but she did have a great time when it finally happened.  We didn't actually know that it would!

What the party site looked like.

Bubble gum blowing contest!!

Glad I took off my glasses.

Make a wish!!

We were dog sitting Daisy when we had the party, so of course, she had to be included in the festivities.
Looking at the scores for the tournament.  Would we make the playoffs?? YES!!


A big game for Barrett!

Hiking to the Y in Provo, with all of the BYU friends!

Barrett getting into the party mode!

Robert took Barrett and his friends to hike the Y in Provo.  They had so much fun!  I was worried, and gave Robert a hard time about it, but it went well.  They all had a great time!

Barrett had at least three tournaments this month with soccer.  It has been crazy.  I'm glad that school is out and I am off from work right now.  I'm worried that with all the soccer that will be coming up, that I will not be able to make it back to work for a while.

In the Murray Max tournament this year, our team was champions.  The score in the championship game was 6 - 1.  It was the game of a lifetime for Barrett.  He scored 5 of those 6 goals in the championship game.  Incredibly, he had many friends that came to watch him for that game!  Josh, Jessica and Matt Boulden, Jeff and the entire Benware family, and Calvin and his mom came to watch.  They all knew about the game because they were in the tournament too, and it is pretty easy to keep tabs on when others your age are playing.  Barrett was not able to go to any of Calvin's games because they both played at exactly the same time.  He was able to go to two of Jeff's games. 

Robert had some vacation time, and we were able to play some Toe Jam and Earl.  He got to play more than I did, but it was still fun to watch Parker and Stephanie have a chance to play with him.

Parker has had football like crazy!  He also has a new job at Vans in the mall.  He loves both of these things!  Robert took some bonus cash and bought the entire family new shoes at Vans.  It's my first pair, ever.  I really like the ones I got.  Elizabeth and Stephanie cashed in and bought a second pair with their own money.  Parker's boss is our fun, awesome neighbor named Brook.  She asked him if he wanted the job, and pretty much set him up.

Parker's football has been going well.  The coaches really seem to love him.  I know. Weird.  (Who doesn't love Parker?  Not very many people.  I know there are some out there, but not many)

Parker also got his Eagle Scout award at the very end of last month.  It was great.  One thing I learned that I never knew, and my mom never knew, and none of my siblings ever knew, is that my dad is actually an Eagle Scout.  He told me 10 minutes before the meeting, which kind of threw me off from my mental game for the night.  He said that he earned it when he was 13, but they wouldn't let him have it until he was 14, so he had to wait a year.  It blew my mind. 




Parker laughing because his grandpa is teasing him about all the cute girls that came to his court of honor.


Parker's mentor in scouts is Lloyd Dille, his long time scout leader.  Actually, there is a good chance that we would have moved at some point, if it wouldn't have been for the fact that Lloyd was Parker's scout leader.  There are no boys Parker's age in our neighborhood, and the boys that are close in age, really had other interests than Parker had.  Having such a great scout leader made it worth staying where we are.

Parker chose to have another mentor, which I didn't know you could have more than one, but his second mentor was his Grandpa Schafer.  He mentioned the fact that Grandpa took him to some classes to pass off some merit badges, and he also had a list on his mirror of what Parker still needed to complete to get his Eagle.  Grandpa also was actively asking questions and asking what he could do to help.
It took his Grandpa completely by surprise, and it was quite touching to see his reaction when Parker recognized him as a mentor.

Our sweet friend, Della, came to support her friend at his Eagle Court of Honor.

Another great thing about Parker's Eagle Court of Honor, is that he got to share the night with his good friend, Johnny Hummer.  Thank heavens for that friendship!  Because of these two boys, we have some great friends in the whole family.  Johnny's mother, Angela, has helped me through many a rough spot and helped me to know what to do for this court of honor.  I honestly had no idea what I was doing.  I love her!!  Both Johnny and Parker got their Eagle Scout Award at the same court of honor.  It was so wonderful.

I love that so many of our friends and especially family made an effort to be there for Parker.  It isn't easy to take time out for one more meeting, but a bunch of them did, and it was lovely.

I just want to make a note to myself, that when we came home from the court of honor, we played games as a family.  It was so fun!  All of us together, laughing, and minimal criticizing!  It really made me wonder how many more times like that we will share together...

Stephanie is working at Great Harvest and she really loves it so much!  She went to Lagoon with her dear friend, Maria, last night.  They had such a great time together!   I love to hear those two laughing together!  I love it SO MUCH!!  What cute friends they are!

I can't believe how busy summer has been!!  Honestly.  It feels like I can't breathe at times.  I am glad for school to start, because we will be able to be reeled in a bit.  At least I'm hoping that is how it will go!


Whew.  What a post.

No comments: