Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Today

Today I was reading the scriptures for next week's Sunday School lesson, which is titled "The Great Plan of Happiness" and the lesson is specific to Alma Chapters 40 - 42.

I had barely begun to read, when I discovered one of my favorite truths.  In Alma 40:5 it is written:
"...it mattereth not; for God knoweth all these things; and it sufficeth me to know that this is the case...."

In this scripture, Alma is specifically talking about resurrection, but I know that it applies to all things that I (or you) don't have the answer to, or things that I have worries about in my heart.

I do know that God is a living being, He is the Father of our spirits and He knows all things.
I also know that through the Great and Everlasting Atonement, Jesus Christ will make everything right.
I know that there is a Great Plan of Happiness, and I also know that each of us have a divine role in that Great plan.

Knowing these things quiet my worries and calms my soul.
I believe these things are the truth.
I truly can say, that I trust in my Heavenly Father and my Savior.

And it sufficeth me to know that this is the case.

No comments: