Monday, August 27, 2012

New Chapters

So there's lots of new things going on this week.  Honestly, I just feel like sleeping, knowing all of the crazy stuff that will be going down shortly.  Between school starting, football, soccer, cub scouts, young women, laundry and making meals for the family (only the basics!) it feels hard to breathe sometimes.  But it is also the most wonderful, wonderful thing.  I am unsure if it is hard to breathe because I am excited, and the anticipation is what's limiting my breath, or if I am worried about logistics.
I honestly think it is a combo of both.
I wish there was actual time to sleep.

Robert is working evenings right now, and I am the only one that is here to get people to the places that they need to go.  So far it is working out okay.  But it is stressful.


Parker punting in the Murray vs, Granger game on this past Friday night.

Elizabeth and Ivie on their first day of Seventh Grade. They are now "Sevies".

Off to the first day of Junior High School!!


Barrett's first day of 4th Grade!  WHAT?!  Yes, he's in 4th grade already.  It's a fact that I am having a hard time coming to terms with.  He did make sure to take the beloved, traditional soccer ball.  As parents, we are wondering if the ball will make it much longer.
Today Robert and I went with Elizabeth to breakfast.  Parker and Barrett had their first days of school, but in seventh grade, the kids go their first day on the Friday before everyone else goes and then have the first day of school off.  This way they get to learn where their classes are, and become familiar with how things work, without having any of the older kids there.  So Lucy is off today with us.  She has big plans to hang out with her friend Sophie, as they are both seventh graders and have the day off.

Barrett was excited about school, and he had a hard time sleeping last night.  Poor guy.  He's excited about school, and super excited to have his friend Jeff in his class this year!

I have lots of re-arranging to do with my calling in cub scouts.  We have been meeting on Wednesdays, but this soccer season, Barrett has games on every single Wednesday for the next 2 months and will not be able to go.  I am the den leader, and I won't be able to go.  So we are looking at doing it on Thursdays, temporarily, instead.  That part really is stressful.

Stephanie has work today, so it will be just Robert and I and Elizabeth for most of the day.  It's already clicking by!!

No comments: