Here's some things that have been going on. I'm glad I take my camera most everywhere, because it is honestly sometimes the only way I know where I have been...
Parker and Amara at Homecoming this year. Pretty handsome couple, I'd say. Parker is about 6' 2", so Amara is pretty tall. She's on the volleyball team at the high school. I'm glad he doesn't object to tall girls!!
I got to meet this candidate at our local library! I hope she wins!! I really, really do!!
Parker is still playing football as kicker. After talking to his coaches, and his school councilor today, he'll be declaring his eligibility for NCAA here, pretty soon. Probably this week sometime.
His coaches think it is a very, very good idea.
My shadow. I couldn't resist. Especially with the orange flip-flops and the orange toe nails.
That was one hot day, I tell you.
After our soccer game in Mendon. Some of the team stopped at the Burger Bar, as seen on the Food Network's Diners, Drive In's and Dives. It was just okay. The shakes were pretty awesome. I couldn't resist snapping this picture. They were all lined up, right in front of the sign, so nicely.
We had to shuffle cars one day, which permitted me to go and pick Stephanie up from her job. It was fun to see her in her element, and I couldn't resist taking a picture of these lovely, lovely, orange zinnias. They were everywhere at her work!! They seemed so bright and cheery. The perfect flower to caption the day that I had just been a part of.
BYU vs. Utah.
The rivalry is alive.
Barrett is a true, blue BYU fan. He made a "promise" to two girls at school that if BYU lost, he would wear a Utes shirt to school on the following Monday.
BYU lost.
Barrett cried, but he wore the ute shirt.
He didn't want to, but he stayed true to his word.
The best part was that at the end of the day, he didn't even care anymore!
It will be nice that the BYU vs. Utah game won't be coming around annually anymore. We'll have a nice, long break from all the ruckus.
Parker and Barrett were squireling around and it was so funny to see their super white, skinny bodies. So I got out the camera, and they hid from me. So typical. But they were laughing, and laughing so much!
Stephanie had a blow out on the Bug's tire. Lucky for us, that Parker was willing to change it. Robert was at work and it was 9:15 at night. We had help from a highway patrolman, too. He was nice, and it was even nicer that he had a real jack in his car, and we didn't have to use the tiny joke of a jack that comes in the blue Bug.
Stephanie didn't have the keys to the back of the car, so I had to go all the way back home to get them, so we could get to the spare tire and all those fixin's.
While I was gone, Parker and Stephanie thought how funny it would be for Parker to pretend to "propose" to Stephanie, as part of a public stunt of some sort. I don't know what actually happened, if he did or didn't "propose", but I do know that they were laughing, and laughing so much together.
The incident turned out to be a wonderful thing for all of us.
Plus, Stephanie bought Parker a Gatorade.
So, he was happiest of all.
Stephanie holding the factory's idea of a "jack".
Yeah, right.
Now THIS, my friends is a story... that I will only give the extremely short version of.
This lady came knocking at my door, all in a panic.
Her father locked some money, in my neighbor's employee's car, thinking that it was her car. She works on our street, and she didn't even think to tell her father what her licence plate number is, or what the house number is of the place that she works at.
She wanted to know if I know these people, and how to get a hold of them.
The truth is that I did know them, but getting a hold of them is like trying to hold lightning.
It really just doesn't happen.
She was freaking out because it was her rent money, and she was obviously late with her rent. Everything worked out fine. In this picture, she has all of her money, and she is relieved that everything worked out. But after a lot of freaking out.
It was a good teaching moment for the kids that were home,
and a great conversation with the kids that came home later.
It happened to me,
but I thought that it was something that easily could have happened to my friend Alison W.
Those of you who know Alison W., are laughing out loud right now.
We rented another convertible.
We're hooked.
We rented it to celebrate that the kids were back in school!! Wahoo! We went driving the beautiful canyons! And it was beautiful!
This time it was a Camero SS.
Not nearly as fast as the Mustang 5.0, but the nice part was that the pressure wasn't as strong to take advantage of the speed that was available!
Just sayin'.
It is a tradition for the cheerleaders to decorate all of the senior football player's rooms on the week of Homecoming. These two did a great job on Parker's room, and they let Elizabeth help, which she loved! The girl on the right is the daughter of a girl I went to high school with. Her mom and I see each other at the football games, and boy, can we chat it up!
Parker had to have his kicking leg x-rayed. It has been causing him some pain, for a few weeks now, and the training staff was afraid that it could have a hairline fracture. So we took him in and had some pictures done. He's fine. No broken leg!! YAY! I'm excited to see him back out on the field!!
Let's go, Kicker!!!
I got to have lunch with my friend, Diane!!
How lucky am I? Seriously!?
Diane did my hair for my wedding, and it stayed curly for the entire day!
Diane and I got our driver's licences pretty much at the same time.
I remember using the simulators during our driver's ed. class with Diane. (Simulators are fake, stationary cars that you practice driving with while watching a film on a movie screen and reacting to the film at the appropriate times.)
We had driver's ed, and we had French together in high school.
She was also in our wedding party.
She looks pretty much the same.
She pretty much rocks.
Barrett saved a lot of his crutons for last.
He loves those things.
I saw him lining all of them up on his fork, and I made him wait to eat them, so that I could get a picture. So funny. Barrett really, really, really loves his crutons.
I will have to try an experiment someday about what Barrett's truest favorite is:
1- Crackers (particularly Ritz or Club crackers)
2- Cheetos
3- Crutons
4- Pizza
5- Cheese
I think I am going to guess that crackers are his truest favorite, but I think it really would be close. The experiment would have to involve having all of those choices available,
and then only allowing him to choose one. I am unsure if he could stand that kind of pressure.
and then only allowing him to choose one. I am unsure if he could stand that kind of pressure.



1 comment:
Loved this update!! And I need to bring my camera everywhere...I struggle with that. It would be funny to do that experiment with Barrett and Parker is just getting so handsome..more handsome. And last but not least, I know Alison W and that's funny!
Post a Comment