Thursday, October 11, 2012

A little bit about a lot of not much

So, they made the announcement today of who will be performing in the Christmas Concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir today.  Seriously, I am pretty sad every time I hear that announcement.  It just means that I will never get to go to that concert on my own means.  If I was 'connected' or if I manipulated the system, and got my out of state relatives to try for tickets (to give to me), I would more than likely have a great chance of getting an opportunity to go with my family.  But alas, it will just not be.  Again.  Just like the last 5 years.

It does bring me quite a bit more sadness than I care to admit.  Going to the concert is like breathing and drinking in Christmas.  It is such a lovely, lovely thing to be there, in person.  I have missed it.

I will not even try for tickets this year.  It is too crushing to my heart.

Seriously.

------------------------------------
And in other 'wanny-wanny' news:

I am ready for a break from sports.  Only a small break, though.

With Robert working nights, it has been really stressful to be the only one getting people to and from the places they need to be.  Even typing this confession is making my heart rate increase.

Elizabeth has been playing competition soccer, Barrett has been playing competition soccer for TWO teams, and Parker has been playing football (which is a HUGE time commitment).  I will be ready for a trim down, at least a small break would be nice.  I am unsure if that will happen with indoor seasons starting soon and some other developments that have come up.  (Which I am hesitant to talk about.)

I know that we could use the money if I was working right now, but wow!  I think I honestly would be in either the mental hospital, or the regular hospital from a heart attack.

-----------------------------------

This past weekend, we had a pretty big change to the plans that we have been working towards.  At General Conference, the Prophet announced that the ages for mission eligibility are changing for young men to age 18 and for young women to age 19.  Stephanie already has her papers filled out and has her dentist and doctor appointments lined up!  She knew the very second that she heard about the changes that she is going as soon as possible.  We are excited about this.

As for Parker, I do think that going on a mission at age 18 would be the best idea for him.  We were just in the middle of working on college for him.  It is hard for me to do this college planning, because I have no idea what I am doing.  Luckily, the school councilor really does help, but still I have no idea.  This mission age change is great, because it doesn't seem as confusing as the college thing does.  It's pretty dang exciting.

And it is pretty dang exciting to see such a big flux in the missionary force.  The Lord is really getting his army ready.  I am anxious to see what lies ahead.  I feel like I am living in a very, very exciting part of history.  And I feel so blessed that I get to be a witness to these things.

--------------------------------------

Today we had the cub scouts bring their bikes to den meeting.  It was fun.  They boys really, really enjoyed having their bikes and riding together in the parking lot.  We practiced doing hand signals and we talked about responsibility and safety.  It was so much fun.  One of the boys that comes to cub scouts is the cutest thing!  But he does not know how to ride a bike.  He was a bit sad that he didn't get to do the same thing as the other boys were doing, but he still participated with us as best he could.  He is one of the most positive, sweet kids that I know, and I really admire him so much!  He is from Thailand, and his name is Bong.

I love this calling, but it really is stressful to try to make sure the boys to get everything passed off that they need to get passed off!  I feel so responsible!

------------------------------------

I am praying for the presidential election that is coming up.  Our country needs to change the course this current administration is on.

I was talking with my friend about it, and she made the comment that if the country re-elects Obama, then it deserves what it gets.  Heaven help us.  I am asking for that help, every chance I get.  I hope you will, too.  Pray like you never have before.  And serve those around you.  We need to be a better people.

-----------------------------------

My dear friend, Anne just got on facebook today!!  It's a pretty happy moment.

-----------------------------------

Wow, that's one weird, rambly post!


No comments: