Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Good Call on the Costumes!

This year I was extremely pleased with my children's choices in costumes.
How fun!
It did still come down to a last minute scramble to have everything ready to go.  
I don't know what it would be like to not have the last minute scramble at the sewing machine.

 The glasses that Elizabeth is wearing, have paid for themselves several times over!  She was so pleased to be able to go to the costume stash and get something awesome!  Doesn't she just look so cute!?!


Words can't express how excited I was when he said he wanted to be Nacho Libre for Halloween!
We had the movie on repeat for three days straight.  I'm still having a hankering to have it on.
I made the cape and the boots.
We found the tan shirt for $2.00 and the blue pants for $4.00 and the wig for $2.00 at a second hand store.
He totally nailed the role.  He was a bit deflated when he got to school and barely any of his class members knew who he was!  He said that all the grown-ups knew, but none of his friends knew. But even with that, he still had such a great time being Nacho for Halloween.  He also enjoyed the night before, when I finished his cape.  He was jumping off the back of the upstairs couch, onto the beanbag chair, with his new cape flying behind him, in eagle fashion.  It was so great to see him enjoying being a little kid.

This Halloween was the best ever.  The weather was picture perfect.  
No one even had to wear jackets.  It was unseasonably warm.

Barrett had his friend, Calvin over for Trick or Treating.  
It's kind of a tradition with these two.
They are such cute friends.

This is the actual moon rise on Halloween night. I have not edited it.
It was very picturesque for the occasion.
Ooohhhhhh...


She didn't waste time sorting and counting her haul.
And she was watching Scooby Doo Where Are You?
What a great Halloween!


We didn't have a lot of time together this Halloween, so Robert hallowed out all the pumpkins before he went to work, and then the kids carved them when they got home from school.
It worked out great!
I am thankful to Robert for gutting them all, and I'm grateful to the kids for getting them carved.  I am also thankful for Parker for overseeing the carving and the lighting.  It was great team work, for sure.

No comments: