Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Red Hot Updates

Red Hot Updates?  Not really.

I feel like everything in my life has changed 180 degrees in the last year.  I have been enjoying more regular entries in my blogging and journal.  It really does help one to think, when you write down what is on your mind.

One thing I did want to make a note of, is that this is the year that I have had to take my glasses off to read and sew and do stuff on the computer.  44.  I think I will have to have bifocals the next time I get glasses.  I can't even see the screen on my camera when I take pictures!  Sheesh!

I honestly feel like I have been running and running and running!  I keep thinking to myself "next week will be calmer, and I will really get some things done."  But that has never happened.  Really, the only thing that works is to use every speck of spare time and just be determined to kick butt!  It is frustrating when you feel like you are spinning your wheels and not making much progress.  I find that when I keep a list, and cross off the things I have done, I have something concrete to look at.

Today I did get two rows of the outdoor soccer quilt I have been working on.  I hope to be able to use it this weekend, at the season opener.  I have been collecting the most delicious solid fabrics and I want to do SO MUCH with them.  At least three ideas that are just really wanting me to use them!  I love my Libertated Quilts 2 book by Gwen Marston!  I LOVE IT SO MUCH!  I just want to sit down and do a lot of the things that she teaches!  I think I would get more projects done if I didn't have to buy or cook food, or do laundry or basically be responsible for other human beings.  I often think about quilting, but then I think "Okay, let's just get these other important things started, and then we'll go and spend some time at the machine!"  But I hardly ever get there.

We went to Barrett's ODP combine and then left right away for Disneyland.  It was great, and it has been a long time since I was able to sleep and rest like that.  It was just lovely to wake up, and not already have my mind on bigger issues.  The kids had such a great time!

We came home and Parker needed some things, that I wasn't able to get to him in time for his departure.  I have to send those things to him.  I am glad to say that I was finally able to get them done a week after he left!  He wanted a picture book, but I figured that this would be easier to get them all bound together, with no loose parts.  So I used Shutterfly to put a book together for him.  It is on it's way, but it sure took a lot of time, as I didn't have all the pictures in digital format and had to run to different places to scan originals.

Well, there are fifteen million things to write about, but I am out of my allotted time.

One thing that I do want to mention:  I am thankful that I have been able to get sleep when I need it.  I am thankful that my mind can rest, even though I wake up in the morning with my heart racing and mind thinking about all the things I have to do, and the worries that I have.  I attribute my ability to rest to my Heavenly Father, and I am so grateful for this gift.  With this many changes and worries and stress, I think I would literally be going crazy if my mind and heart didn't have a chance to rest.

Ps.  Have you seen the Sherwin Williams commercials?  Wow.  I love color so much.  There is more than one commercial, but I can't find it.  They are beautiful.




1 comment:

Kim said...

I love your updates and so wish I was there so you could have even less time because you would have to have chat sessions with me :)