Monday, September 22, 2014

Ideas to live by

The biggest hints to successful gift giving are right here.  This is really only a hint for one person.  And it is NOT Ginger Johnson!! (But I do love her!)

Exhibit A:

This is a tiny, tiny picture of it, but it is so cute and would really just fill a need for cute snowman/cute house/cute blue/wintery time quilt!  Oh.  I love it.


Exhibit B:  They have these at Elaine's!!



And while we are on the subject of quilts, today would have been my Granny T's 100th birthday.
I remember that she was always working on a quilt.  She had one up in her tiny living room almost every time we visited her.  We visited her a lot on Sundays.  She would frequently give all of her grandchildren a quilt, one that she had made.  I still have one that she made and gave to me, long ago.

I remember thinking about the amazing process that it was to make a quilt.  I wanted to learn how, because of her.  And now I know.

I have some of her old templates, and needles.  And I have a couple of her quilt tops that are waiting in a long line, to be finished and used.  She pieced those tops.  I love to touch them, and know that she touched them.

She sure could be a grumpy, contrary thing.  But we all knew that she loved us.  She always was there on our birthdays and special occasions.  Every one.  She never missed while she was alive.

I remember her blue station wagon, cookie jar and her trucker hat.  The hat was printed with a saying that read:  "If you smoke dope, you'll see jackalope!"  and had a picture of a rabbit with deer antlers!  

I love you, Granny T. 



No comments: