Sunday, November 9, 2014

Love this story

I found a story today on facebook, that I really love.

http://www.jasonyounglive.com/blog/2014/9/30/the-morning-god-kissed-my-wife

I love it because it speaks to several things that I can really identify with.

1- I love to know when people are leaving.  It stems from my childhood.

2- Heavenly Father answers our prayers.  Every time.  Sometimes right away.  And usually in a specific way for us, personally.

3- The post speaks to me on all 8 points that he made.  Keep trying to be kind and humble.

I also came across an article about how kindness affects relationships.  It was very interesting.  And it was also long.  So I skimmed a lot of it, but I feel like it is for all relationships, even though the article is mostly about marriage.

This is from the article and pretty much sums it all up:

"There are many reasons why relationships fail, but if you look at what drives the deterioration of many relationships, it’s often a breakdown of kindness. "

Read more: http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/06/happily-ever-after/372573/#ixzz3Idgh7hNF


For real.  Being kind is so important.  In every relationship.  But especially vital in family life.

Today was my nephew's farewell.  We had our primary program in our ward today at exactly the same time.  So, we ended up missing his talk, but we got to go down for food and visiting family! It was wonderful!  He is so happy and confident!  I loved seeing him and getting to hug him.  He is one awesome young man!  He will be serving in the Gilbert, AZ mission.
He leaves for the *"Empty Sea" on Wednesday.
(*MTC, when his little sister was younger, she asked why the sea is empty, and why missionaries go there!  LOL!!)

Today was also Barrett's last primary program as a primary student!
Woah.  Heavy stuff for moms.
He tied his own tie for the event.  He even had his hair looking so nice, and he had a great suit coat that fits him nicely, thanks to a hand-me-down from Preston H., who is on a mission in Pennsylvania right now!  This is the first time that I remember him singing almost every part of every song!  He did great!

Lucy also played her cello for the primary program, and did such a fine job.  She is really a very talented young lady!  I wish she would play for me more often.  Sincerely.  That is a desire that my heart has.

Barrett, Lucy and I went with some friends to see Big Hero 6 on Saturday night.  It was awesome.  I need to look into the soundtrack, and we will for SURE be buying this movie when it is released to DVD!!  Very well done.

Barrett had tryouts for State Select the past couple of Saturdays.  It has been fun, because so many people that we are good friends with have also been trying out, and we get to see and talk with them!  I love it!  We also got to go to lunch with them all after try outs.  There will be one more try out next weekend, and then we will see the results.  This has just been such a great experience, I really am not feeling so much worry or pressure about the results.

I don't have time to get pictures right now.  I am ready to get some sleep!!  Hopefully, I will go back and add some later!

No comments: