Sunday, March 20, 2016

Type quietly and salt and pepper

Robert gets awakened from me typing.  So it is hard to do this blogging thing.

I just have to note the fact that a LOT of women are coming up to me recently, telling me how much they LOVE my hair.

They love the color, people.  The color. 

They love it because I do not color it, and it is very apparent that it is now "Salt and Pepper".

I even have had one lady tell me "Your gray is coming in very nicely!"
And another tell me "I LOVE your hair!!!  You have inspired me to not color my hair anymore.  (After my daughter's wedding, of course)"
And another:  "I love your hair!! It is beautiful!  People couldn't have their hair colored like that.  It is just so even, and perfectly salt and pepper!"

Nice.

You would think that after having so many people tell me that they love my hair, I would realize that they are not talking about the style, but the color.  But, alas, they are talking about the color.  I am under the impression that it is still a beautiful brown color.  But it ISN'T.  So, every time they tell me that they "LOVE" my hair, and after I find out it is a comment about the color, it takes me a minute to process the fact that they aren't talking about the brown color that I think they are talking about. 

It is a weird thing to be as old as I am, and not feel as old as I am.
But, with the progressive lenses in my glasses
and the wrinkles
and the bad knees
and the not-so-great hearing
AND THE SALT AND PEPPER HAIR
I am reminded frequently that I am no longer a spring chick, even though I am one in my mind and heart.

I showed Barrett how to play hopscotch this past Tuesday at Lucy's soccer practice.
I couldn't jump, I could only give him verbal instructions, for fear of peeing my pants!
And the fear was REAL!!

No comments: