Last week we noticed that some filming was going on over at Murray High School right on the street we live on. Stephanie and her friend Maria Sanchez walked by on their way to the public library on Thursday. I wondered about whether the kids (Parker and Stephanie) could be 'extras' in the production. I figured that since we hadn't heard anything from Stephanie's Jr. High drama teacher, that they already had the extras taken care of.
Yesterday at church, Parker came running up to me, out of breath, and told me that he had just learned that they wanted more extras and that it is a Disney production and that they are paying extras $86.00 a day and could he go in the morning!?
So, this morning, we went over to the high school. The kids each needed 3 changes of clothing and their social security number. Stephanie and Parker went right in to take their small place in the movie, whatever it is. They are both very excited!
We were planning on going to Lagoon tomorrow for half of the day, but if they can get in the extra spot again tomorrow, we won't be going. Lagoon will always be here.
There are downsides of this adventure for Parker and Stephanie, Barrett and Elizabeth would LOVE to be in on the action. They feel a little left out. Elizabeth put it into perspective pretty well when she said: "Well, I guess that I will have a chance to do something like this when I am older too." I told her that maybe it wouldn't be a movie, but that I am sure she will have many wonderful opportunities in the years to come. It is nice to know that she understands that her time will come, even if she is only seven years old.
School starts on Monday, so I wonder if they will be done filming by then.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment