Well, I am striking out in the gift department. I think that I am shopping at the wrong stores. I did get a dozen pairs of socks for Robert, and it will be a DVD kind of Christmas for him. Hopefully the Honeybaked Ham will be enough to fill in the gaps of the lack of thoughtful gifts from the family.
I have however discovered some items that I would love to spend a boat load of money on for my own hobbies. Too bad that Robert and Parker don't like beautiful fabric or that they aren't interested in digital scrapbooking.
It really doesn't help that I am so indecisive. I think that I have talked myself out of about 3 good things for Parker. The perfect present that I wanted to get for him, they are long out of at Costco. I just asked Robert if he could check another Costco. I don't think they will be there either. Oh well.
I did come through with some good parent gift ideas. I will try to post them at a later time incase my mom is reading this. (I finally let my blog address out there.)
I visited the consignment store called Home Again today. It was very lovely. It really made me want to have a nice house. Then I thought about the maintenance, and that scared me away from the notion, since I am the only person on the earth that can put something in it's proper place. And 5 against 1 really isn't good odds if you want to keep things nice. I just have to remember that I am doing the best that I can. Although, I guess that I could have been at home putting away everyone else's stuff instead of looking at someone else's beautiful stuff. It was a very nice store and I recommend it. I saw 2 tables that I loved, but may or may not have purchased, because I have no idea how to make things work in my house. It really is tough too, when my husband has such a strong opinion about how things look, and more about how much they cost. (Which goes back to and ties into the gift finding difficulty.)
Well, the Christmas cards went out this morning. Barrett helped put them in the post office's mail box, after I stuck the stamps on them. It kept him busy and out of trouble, even though he almost took out one lady because he was so focused on getting those cards to the slot. She was very understanding and had him help her too. What a sport.
It is snowing today. Almost all the snow was melted from the last storms, and WHAM! another great storm! We love it! Snow has always been one of my true loves. Let it snow!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't that store the BEST!!!! I am telling you girl...Most of that stuff came from thrift stores and has only been painted! Anything can be fabulous with a little bit of TLC!:)
I will give you a lesson if you want!
Post a Comment