Saturday, December 22, 2007

Oh My Heck!

So yesterday, after she had been really disruptive, I told Stephanie that it was "Too damn bad" about her having a consequence. She was really mad that I had used "the 'D' word. It was very funny. I am still chuckling about it.

I am very glad that my children think that "the 'D' word" is not something that is common language.

It reminds me of the mormon urban legend that tells about the kid who bore his/her testimony and said something about how much happier their home was now that they don't use "the 'S' word" and "the 'F' word" anymore. The dad had to get up and reassure the congregation that "the 'S' word" was 'shut up' and "the 'F' word" was 'fart'. I love that story and am not a very good storyteller, so it could be a little inaccurate, but you get the gist of it.

Well, here's to a cleaner mouth during the holidays!

1 comment:

Kim C. said...

michelle,
i hacked on to your page from aubrey's. i hope you don't mind. maybe you should have gotten a bar of soap for christmas? ha ha. i just am glad to know that you are as human as everyone else!