We (and when I say "we", I mean mostly Robert with a small bit of help from me) have done a lot of painting over the last three months.
Thank heavens! It really needed to be done. And LOTS more needs to be done. But at least "we" got the wheels rolling in the right direction!
Parker and Barrett's room was first. Parker picked a sage green. It looks great, but I haven't gotten a picture yet.
Next was Stephanie and Elizabeth's room. Robert put shelves in on both sides of the window and
it looks so wonderful! She has wanted to paint it these colors for at least a year, and now her dream is a reality!
I would just like to give Parker a special shout-out for his help in this event: Thanks for being so patient while we had Elizabeth's and Stepanie's dressers in your room! For six weeks! You are a good kid and I love you!
!
Robert painted the doors and the shutters black. They look great! He left the door on the hinges to paint it, and borded up the door for 24 hours. It turned out to be a great idea, especially if you have a hurricane coming, or if you don't like to answer the door for various reasons. We didn't have any neighbor visits or solicitors during this time.
The only unfortunate thing about the new paint is that you can now see where the kids have hit the door when their siblings have locked them out. Nice.
Anyways, it has been a pretty good stretch of improvements. I just have to say how happy I am that Robert is such a motivated guy! I love that about him.
4 comments:
LOVE IT!!! What more can I say.
That looks so nice....Good Job!
Thanks goodness the "Hurricane" never hit.
I LOVE the colors and bookshelves in Stephanie's room. I do believe that I was supposed to help with such painting!! I think a dinner for your family might be in order!! Or paying for some 'free' babysitting that she did, at the very least!
Post a Comment