I have never been able to grow a watermellon that survived until harvest time.
Until now!
I realize that this is a very, super unattractive picture of me, but here it is: A picture of my watermellon. I planted the seeds and watered it for weeks and weeks. Now, ready or not, we picked it because tomorrow is supposed to be very, very cold. Robert's dad came over and while he was here, he helped me pick it with his handy dandy leatherman that he never leaves bed without. (Luckyy!)
Now let's just hope the watermellon is ripe.
8 comments:
You do look a little on the "happy" side.
That's because Stephanie was taking my picture and she was making me laugh out loud. She was making fun of me for being excited about my watermellon.
Good Job!! You are amazing... as usual!
I love your watermelon and I think that's an awesome picture of you! And what the heck is a leatherman?
Seriously? You have been a Schafer for how many years? Just kidding! A leatherman is like a super, duper, handy-dandy pocketknife with pliers and other gadgets in it. I think leatherman is actually a brand name.
I think our Father in Law is a Professional.
LOL! Okay...I've seen it, just didn't know what it was! I was wondering why in the world you needed help getting your watermelon out of the garden...I know you're old, but.....LOL!
YEAH! I AM OLD! Thanks for the reminder!
Just so you all know, the watermellon was ripe and it tasted very good! YAY!
It must have been a lucky year for watermelons because I was able to get one too and like 5 cantelopes! My first time also.
One day, when Stephanie is growing her own garden, she too will be very excited about a watermelon.
Post a Comment