Halloween is here, and gone! Whew! I love dressing my kids up and seeing them enjoy themselves with their friends and neighbors. Usually Robert takes the kids to the ward Trunk or Treat while I stay home and get dinner ready. After we eat dinner, Robert takes the kids through the neighborhood and over to the grandparents house.
But this year, Robert is sick on Halloween.
DUN-DUN-DUN!!
So, I took the kids over to the trunk or treat, came home and made dinner, took the kids through the neighborhood and over to the grandparents house. It was exhausting. Not only was it exhausting, but the kids were upset because I talk too much to all the friends and neighbors that we saw. I am not as productive in the candy collecting department as Robert is. He is extremely efficient, and I am lacking terribly in this area. I am okay with this.
This year Barrett was Frankenstein. He loved his costume very much. During the school Halloween party, he couldn't stop dancing. He's got some moves, I will tell you right now!

Every time I asked him to pose for a picture, this is pretty much what I got. So cute!

Stephanie as "
Captain Obvious" and Maria as a washing machine.
Totally adorable costumes! They are so creative!

Elizabeth went as an alien abduction. She loves her new flexibility. Everyone (and I mean everyone) commented on her cool costume. She enjoyed the notariety, but she is still pretty shy. One of the older ladies at the Trunk or treat asked her if she could take her picture. Elizabeth agreed and the lady was pretty pleased.

I think that overall, the costumes were very cute this year. Parker didn't dress up, but still got treats from all of his friends in the neighborhood. I swear, everyone loves that kid.
No one told Parker that the
Schows moved, and he knocked on their door, looking for Craig Jr., and was very surprised when someone he had never seen answered the door! The man asked Parker what he was dressed up as, and Parker told him that he was dressed as "Neon Man", due to all the glow sticks he had draped on his bike and body. I wish Parker would have told him that he was looking for Craig, but he didn't.

I love the whole concept of "Captain Obvious". It is so funny. She also had me help her make her dinosaur a mask and cape. I can't remember what she has named him.
Just for the record, it is
MY dinosaur. Mine, mine, mine.

Charlie Sparrow.
I loved Halloween this year, even though is was very hectic. I really did love visiting with neighbors that I don't get to see very often. I especially loved walking in the night air and looking at the clouds and stars, and that big, lovely shining moon! I just drank it all in. I wish I would take night walks more often. The weather was perfect and I have never known the temperature to be so lovely! It was a beautiful evening.
It was also funny to be walking back to my house to discover four adult neighbors and their two dogs helping themselves to our back yard!! I heard voices that sounded like they were in our yard, and sure enough, they were! Malachi (Annette's extremely large puppy) escaped the house and made a run for it and they were able to corral him in our back yard. Hershel just came along for the fun of it. They really enjoyed themselves! It was weird talking to the neighbors in MY yard on the outside of the fence!
I hope that Robert feels better soon.
I love you, honey.
Happy Halloween, everyone!
4 comments:
Those are really great costumes! Did you make those?
Hi Mindy!!!
Both Elizabeth and Barrett's costumes were costumes that were once Parker's when he was in grade school. Yes, I made both of them. Let's just say that Family Fun is the best resource for finding great costumes to make!
you are fabulous at this Halloween thing!:)
oh, and your pictures on your last post turned out great! You have the eye for sure!
I am dissapointed that there is no picture of Parker sporting his faux hawk and orange shirt. I wonder why he did not get more candy?
Post a Comment