Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bye, Bye Yellow Walls




Today Robert and I are painting our bedroom.
The last time that happend was about 10 years ago.

We are going with "Periwinkle Bud". It is a much lighter version of the darker paint that was on two of our walls. We are painting the whole bedroom this color. It is a light blue.
I have been thinking a lot about my grandmother while we have been painting it. Her bedroom was always light blue. Granny T., I love her.
I have discovered that Robert is not a detail person. Something that I subconsiously knew, but only just now realized and became completely aware of. You would think that after 20 years of marriage, I would have been fully aware. Nope. But I am now. That knowledge should come in handy again in the next 30 or 40 years.
Our baseboards and moldings are all detailed now. And I am much happier with the detail painting on the top and bottom of the walls and edges of the ceilings, even though they are not perfect. They are 100% better than they have been for the last 10 years!
I am SO happy about that!
SO HAPPY, I TELL YOU!
I really enjoyed the time with Robert. It was fun listening to our itunes and working side by side. It was made even more enjoyable that the kids were in school while we were doing it, so we didn't even have to discipline or be interrupted in any way!
Yessssss.

3 comments:

doghouse said...

Details are for suckas.

Michelle S. said...

Nuh-uh. Details are the behst.

Unknown said...

The details in our home are NEVER finished!!! Your color looks so cute, I will have to come check it out in person!