You would never know it to look at him, but Charlie got very sick. Diabetes.
This picture was taken yesterday, the day we officially found out.
We put Charlie down today.
It was ultra-super-hard.
Last night was very somber and we made sure to get pictures of Charlie with each of the kids. I know they will look back on these pictures and be so glad they have them. It was very bittersweet to have an evening with him before we had to say goodbye. Charlie was very spoiled and got about a bazillion treats.
I was walking through the living room talking to my friend on the phone and noticed that Charlie had left a big wet spot by our front entry. Very uncharacteristic.
But it was a confimation that it was time.
Yesterday the Vet told me that with the advanced stages and the aggressive form of diabetes that Charlie had, he really and honestly thought it would only be about 24 to 48 hours before Charlie really took a turn for the worst. He cautioned me that if that happened the children would see him in distress and pain. The next 24 hours would be the best time to put him down.
So we did.
So we did.
Robert came home from work, and went with me. It was very hard and very sad. But now that is over. I think the hardest part will be all the little things and habits that we are in regarding Charlie. He was our little friend. And he was such a good dog.
Thank you, Charlie.
We love you!
4 comments:
Oh, You guys!!! This post brought me to tears! I am thinking of you all today! Love you all!:)
Too bad he wasn't a beagle because they are only a dime a dozen. Hey Charlie, the doghouse is empty without you.
I'm so sorry....I really am feeling for you guys. We loved Charlie too....our heart is with you!
I am so sad for you.
Post a Comment