Yesterday, I will be honest, I did pretty much nothing. And it was soooo lovely.
The kids were fed, and I did do ONE batch of laundry, but other than that, I didn't even get out of my pajamas (which I have been dreaming of, and I don't know if it will ever happen again!!!)
I really wanted to play video games, but everyone was busy doing other things. Robert did humor me, and played some Mariokart for a little while, but then he had to go to work. He worked UNTIL 3 AM!! So we only got to play for a little while.
I did get to watch soccer, but they were petty games, none of which I was very interested in watching, which was a bit of a bummer! So, that afforded me to have a bit of a nap, on the couch!! Sweet!!
We did watch Mr. Kreuger's Christmas for Family Home Evening. That is my favorite Christmas movie. I love it so much.
*******************
So today, I got some stuff done!
I spoke to my friend Sue, and we are delighted that she is going to let us watch her little poodle while she is away! Elizabeth is already counting the days and wanting specific info about the event!! Our phone call was cut short, and I need to call her back, so she doesn't think I hate her or something!! I am pretty sure her phone dropped the call, because she just started to fade out to nothing. I couldn't get through right away, and so I got busy and forgot about it until now!!
I made a new cover for my ironing board, and it turned out quite, very awesome!! I am so happy with it, and I have already ironed some fat quarters for the University of Utah quilt that I am doing for a store sample! (Which is another thing I have worked on today!) I especially love my new cover because I made it without a pattern, and the fabric was only $3.00 a yard!! What a deal!!
I was also able to go some of my favorite places today!!
Home Again Saw another very adorable piece of furniture that my someday craftroom would adore.
Pine Needles I found the most delicious solid pink fabrics there today! Oh my.
and of course, Elaine's Quilt Block, (like I don't spend enough time there.)
Elizabeth and her friend, Brissa, went with me on my lookie-lou tour. We had a grand time together!
Now may I just mention something here? Not to complain or anything, but my skin is just so dry right now!! Seriously. My back is itching like crazy. Luckily, I have one of those shower brushes, that reaches all the spots on my back. It is lovely and I am so happy to have it in my life. And I am so happy that the dollar store stocks them, and that that is where I bought mine. Now I only mention this as a minor discomfort, and in hopes that there could be some compassion and common topic for discussion out there. I know there are many, many other situations that this pales drastically in comparison to. But I do recognize when my back is feeling hunky-dory because of this itchy time. And I just want to say that I am so thankful for the hunky-dory periods of time.
I need to get a dvd rom for my computer. That is on my list of things to do. You see, I cannot download pictures to my computer from Costco picture dvd's, without a dvd rom. The one in our computer is broken. I need to get a year in review book done, and it simply is not possible without the pictures on some of those dvds. I would love to get it done, but alas, it waits.
So far, it's been a great post-Christmas week!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment